Crunchbase helps over 70 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, salespeople, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that are shaping how companies and people connect, using our intelligence and data to help them communicate in a more meaningful way with one another.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle
Marketing at Crunchbase*
The Crunchbase Marketing team is responsible for product, corporate, and growth marketing initiatives, including lead generation and monetization, crafting outstanding content, and driving engagement with our community of users. Our Brand Marketing team handles all communications of the Crunchbase brand and educating customers through content, social media, and external press coverage.
You will report directly to the Senior Brand Marketing Manager and support functions like social media, the Crunchbase blog, product launches, and media requests.
What You'll Do:
- Lead all parts of the Crunchbase PR strategy including corporate, product, and crisis communications
- Become the Subject-matter expert in all things Crunchbase to suggest and source original stories from inside the company. You see a new story in every piece of company data, product launch, or corporate breakthrough
- Manage our thought leadership program by securing contributed placements, interviews, and speaking opportunities for our executive team and internal data team
- Build influencer programs that resonate with our target audiences and help them understand the value of Crunchbase
- Create an awards program to ensure that Crunchbase is positioned as a best-in-class prospecting solution and industry thought-leader
- Act as the central point of contact for our PR agency, guiding their day-to-day activities, and setting direction, so they can achieve big results
- Maintain and grow our target media list across technology, business, and industry-specific outlets
- Handle media training and preparation for our spokespeople, including writing suggested talk tracks and speeches
- Run Crunchbase’s pressroom, ensuring content is up to date
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of Communications / PR experience
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Ability to take technical information and disseminate it into concise and easy-to-understand language
- Experience working with tech company narratives. Ideally for both B2B and B2C businesses
- Experience with coaching and partnering with executives
- Existing relationships with media members across tech, news, and business industries
- Outstanding work ethic, ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize and deliver multiple tasks on time
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 10 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees & their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees & their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Job Type: Full-time