Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
Posting Title Advance Practice Professional
Department HSC-Peds and Women's Hlth-300740
Job Location Fort Worth
Full Time/Part Time
Salary Information Salary commensurate with experience
The Department of Pediatrics and Women’s Health within the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM) faculty includes five doctoral level researchers, ten Pediatric physicians and three Obstetrics and Gynecology physicians. TCOM is a leader in comprehensive primary care and consistently is named one of the nation’s top 50 medical schools for primary care. It is recognized for curricular innovation, academic performance, and community collaboration. TCOM is located on the campus of UNTHSC in the heart of Fort Worth, one of “America’s Most Livable Communities” which has thriving culture, and commerce, excellent educational opportunities, remarkable museums, a vibrant downtown area, and an exciting western heritage.
The Department of Pediatrics and Women’s Health – Pediatric Mobile Clinic is seeking a part-time Nurse Practitioner to join our team. This position is responsible for providing primary care services and participates within an inter-professional team focused on the delivery of services within a primary care ambulatory care setting. Position requires the clinical assessment/evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients in accordance with standard of care.
Master’s degree and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Must have graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant program, or an accredited Graduate Nursing Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to obtain a Texas Physician Assistant License, Advance Practice Registered Nurse License, Nurse Practitioner
- Ability to practice medicine within the scope of license, training and credentials
- Ability to care for a diverse patient population
- Bilingual, English – Spanish
- Experience working with school districts and school nursing staff
- Ambulatory Care, Mobile health, or Community Nursing experience
- Current BLS certification
Required License / Registration / Certification
- Texas Advance Practice Registered Nurse
M-F – 2 days per week
Driving University Vehicle No
Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Classification Title Advance Practice Professional
Physical Requirements Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear
- Primary medical care to patients with various medical continuations; examine, diagnose, provide anticipatory guidance, develop and review treatment plans, ongoing care, order and review laboratory tests as needed to treat medical patients of all ages
- Actively participate in a multi-disciplinary team of individuals in primary care delivery
- Collaborate with medical supervisor/physician of the healthcare team(s) and other members of the team such as; advance practice professionals and other clinical providers (Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Pharmacist, LVN, social worker, specialist etc)
- Provide continuous and comprehensive primary care for infants, children, and youth
- Document care provided within an electronic health record
- Coordinate and integrate care across all elements of the healthcare system
- Assist with coordinating comprehensive school-based immunization clinics, communicating with nurses in participating schools, and attending immunization clinics.
Posting Number S1001P
Position End Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants