Tabletop Tap House in the SOMA district opened in March and we are looking for experienced Restaurant Unit Managers to help us launch this new concept, providing quality service to guests in a fun and fast paced environment. This is a high volume restaurant, events and sports viewing venue that everyone wants to frequent.
If you have restaurant management experience and a knack for guest service, we'd love to hear from you!
This position reports to the General Manager and supervises hourly staff, so knowing how to positively motivate the workforce is a skill we're looking for as well. Here's more on the specifics of the job:
The foundation of this position is the embodiment and execution of the four corners of our business. They are:
- Grow the business - meet or exceed budgeted sales and profit targets
- Develop your people to run the business and take more responsibility
- Create Guest loyalty through execution of the fundamentals
- Grow your relationship with the community
This position is accountable for the operations and profitability of the business in assigned areas of responsibility. This includes any or all of the following: staffing, training & development, inventory systems controls, and excellent Guest experiences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure the accuracy and compliance of all inventory systems for assigned areas of responsibility, if applicable
- Maintain COGS at target (if assigned to such an area of responsibility)
- Estimation of purchasing needs
- Order placement with appropriate vendors and distributors to ensure timely delivery of goods for assigned areas of responsibility * Generation of daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Compliance with all cash handling policies and procedures
- Monitor labor costs and staffing to meet prescribed levels as defined by current and forecasted business needs
- All Guests feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly and courteous service
- Ensure company’s hospitality standards are adhered to and delivered in all interactions with Guests
- Cultivates a strategic team environment that provides exceptional Guest service
- Maintain visual “Show” appearance of facility
- Ensure all operating and quality standards are met
- Executes all parties and banquets
- Crew member recruiting, development, training and labor management
- Manage the daily shift and Guest experience
- Maintains a safe, sanitary and secure environment for all staff members and Guests
- Monitors service and coach staff on operational standards and steps of service to ensure excellent Guest service and satisfaction
- Ensure adherence to company standards for hiring, training, scheduling, and development of all assigned departments
- Manage all hourly staff members
- Goal setting with direct reports
- Attendance and participation in weekly manager meetings
- Partner with General Manager on employee relations issues, general liability, workers compensation, and general human resources related questions.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered.
- Individual must have experience with operations of high volume restaurant that hosts events
- Excellent math skills: ability to process cash handling, inventory management, and understand basic payroll concepts and guidelines.
- 1-3 years as a Manager with experience in a high-volume restaurant
- Experience in FOH and/or BOH management positions, possessing knowledge of service and food & beverage operations.
Licenses or Certificates
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license
- Local or State regulation requirements regarding food handling or liquor service
- General Restaurant Activities - Walking, Talking, Sitting, Standing, Typing, Lifting, Bending, Stooping and carrying up to 50lbs
- Must be able to provide excellent Guest Service
- Must have excellent time management & follow-up skills necessary to perform in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a positive working environment
- Be able to delegate and get work done through others
- Must be able to effectively interact with employees at all levels in a professional manner
- Should expect to work 50+ hours per week
Equipment and Special Materials
- Computer, printer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc., cash register
- Experience in use of and knowledge of computers – POS systems, Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) .
PHYSICAL HAZARDS - Health and Safety Concerns
- General Restaurant/Entertainment Environment
- Experience with effective and timely handling of workers compensation and general liability issues
We offer company sponsored medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and discount programs.
Must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations Management: 3 years