Love kids? Interested in a part time position working for a mission driven company? Hiring NOW for the 2019-20 school year!
Just named to Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies for the third year, Right At School is passionate about providing a wide range of affordable enrichment and child-care programs before, during and after school to as many students, parents and schools as possible.
If you're committed to inspiring a love of learning through Innovation-Driven, Locally-Inspired, and Efficiency-Obsessed education, join our team!
As a Program Manager, you will be Right At School's liaison with the school administration, education staff and our Area Managers. The Program Manager will ensure Right At School delivers high quality, fun, safe and interactive after-school programming that delights the children attending our programs and their parents. The position will be instrumental in delivering our focus on the 4Cs – Character, Confidence, Creativity and Conditioning.
You will drive the mission by:
- Manages the Right At School staff, including timely coaching and documentation of performance issues in coordination with the Area Manager.
- Oversees and manages the Right At School staff who implement after-school curriculum, including enrichment specialists, vendors, and extended after school care educators to ensure the delivery of engaging, interactive educational experience consistent with the 4Cs.
- Manages staff compliance with district-specific policies in coordination with the Area Manager.
- Works with school administration and staff to establish plans and procedures to ensure the safety and security of children during the Right At School program.
- When applicable, develops strong relationships with school administration, parents, and/or PTA organizations to ensure successful delivery of all Right At School programs and ensure customer satisfaction with the program.
- Ensures that their site/program is compliant with all relevant licensing requirements and maintains a strong relationship with licensors where applicable.
- Meets student retention and enrollment goals.
- Communicates regularly with parents through informal daily check-ins as well as through the parent communication area on site.
- Documents and communicates regularly with school’s front office staff with regards to injuries and/or incidents.
- Leads weekly staff huddle for communicating feedback from school, central office, program changes, other information as needed, etc.
- Meets and reports regularly to the Area Manager regarding program, site and staff performance.
- Manages and orders supplies as needed according to curriculum.
- Maintains accurate records and answers email/phone messages in a timely manner.
- Administers light first aid when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience working with school-age children in a recreational program or child care center/education setting.
- Ability to make independent decisions on issues that do not require oversight.
- Ability to prioritize critical tasks ahead of routine ones, as well as prioritize schedule demands with an appreciation and recognition of key, critical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines and adapt smoothly to rapidly shifting work priorities and schedules.
- Assertive and confident, with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- High School diploma/GED required. Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- First Aid and CPR certification required.
Benefits of being a Program Manager with Right at School
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community and positively impact families
- Ongoing professional development with pay raise incentives (all web based)
- Provide meaningful fun and employ disguised learning
- Flexible working hours aligned to school schedules
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including: free before and after school childcare, commuter benefits, supplemental insurance (short term disability, life insurance, etc.) and medical based on eligibility
- Gain valuable classroom management experience
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Program Management: 1 year (Preferred)