Software Integrator is responsible to work in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle. Responsibility includes performing Software Requirement Analysis, Software Architecture/Design, Software Implementation, and supporting Software Module & Integration Testing and Software Validation. As Senior Software Engineer responsibility also includes releasing the software to Customer & Manufacturing.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Create official SW release baseline and coordinate baselines and feature integration between different software groups.
- Focus on development of application specific components; integration of internally re-used standard software components and adaptation/integration of 3rd party software components
- Software Requirements Analysis, Software Architecture / Design / Implementation adhering to Automotive SPICE process
- Development of Software integration test plan.
- Conduct bench & integration testing; Support Module/Unit Testing & SW Validation activities
- Responsible for SW Releases to Customer & Manufacturing
- Troubleshooting of software at customer sites
- Complete scheduled tasks within assigned projects to deliver software development output to the project team as per agreed timing plan
- Contribute to routine software design reviews, peer code reviews and software testing, and software release process on a regular basis
- Supports SW Project Manager, and SW Team Lead concerning all SW related items such as SW status reports, SW design reviews, customer inquiries, etc.
- Maintenance of current production software (Analyze customer change request, Implement changes, Support Test/Validation, and Release)
- Support Manufacturing End Of Line Test development
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior SW Engineers
- Ensures that the integration process is followed
- Highlights issues found to the SW PM Lead
- Automation of SW Integration process to reduce manual tasks
- Defines, tracks and reports the Key Process Indicators (KPI).
- Continuously improves the SW Integration Process (based on the KPI).
Continuously reports the current status of the SW Integration to the SW PM Lead.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
> 5 years of U.S. based work experience in the field embedded software engineering, ideally in the automotive industry
- Experience in automotive applications and applicable interfaces such as CAN, LIN, FlexRay
- Excellent trouble-shooting & debugging skills both on the test bench and in vehicle
- Experience in Diagnostics, and integration of Vector CAN Stack software components is preferred
- DOORS experience is preferred
- Enterprise Architect experience is preferred
- Knowledge on design/implementation of Vehicle CAN diagnostics services is a plus
- Experience with Ethernet stack is a plus.
- Experience with AUTOSAR is a plus
- Experience in Model Base Design using Statemate and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow tools is a plus
- Experience in version control & change control tools
- Ability to work in globally distributed project team
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Familiarity with Automotive SPICE, CMM, or other software development process model is a plus
- DOORS, Enterprise Architect, iSYSTEM Emulator, Serena Dimension, QA-C, CANoe, CANalyzer, CANdela Studio, GreenHills compilers,
- Tresos Studio, SystemDesk, DaVinci Developer and Configurator are plus
- Programming Languages
- Must: C, C++
- Plus: C# (.NET platform), HTML, XML, CAPL
Primary Location: US-MI-Troy
Job: Research and Development
Organization: 12L Vision Systems
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting: 23/05/2018, 9:34:17 AM