At Accelerated Analytics, we’ve been collecting, analyzing and reporting on POS and EDI 852 data for some of the biggest brands in DIY,Home & Hardware, not to mention Beauty, Consumer Products, and Fashion, since 2003. Our team includes talented project managers, engineers, and business analysts with a passion for retail and a knack for numbers. And our dynamic sales, creative and administrative staff keep us inspired and our business moving forward.We are looking to add a SQL Server Database Engineer to our team who is interested in a long-term opportunity at a growing company. Learn more by visiting www.AcceleratedAnalytics.com
The SQL Server Database Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing databases, ETL routines, cube sand reports for new clients,in addition to providing support and enhancements to existing client solutions.The position involves working on multiple concurrent deadline-driven projects. The SQL Server Database Engineer will work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Engineers and Management during all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, and will ensure that internal and client deadlines are met and output is of the highest quality.
- Design and build normalized and denormalized database solutions using retail industry best practices for data warehousing for specific client requirements. This will involve Microsoft SQL Server Database programming (stored procedures and database design).
- Design and build ETL routines using SSIS.
- Createexception reporting. * Build and maintain cubes (internal and client-facing).
- Createand maintain reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and MDX.
- Optimizedatabase schemas, queries, cubes and reports.
- Implement complex business logic requirements.
- Data analysis to verify solutions are correct.
- Database partitioning, archiving and purging.
- Implement new technology, plug-ins and APIs.
- Minimum of 3years’ experience as a developer building and supporting business intelligence / data warehousing reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
- Experience building/optimizing cubes with SQL queries,and experience with Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) including database development, deployment, configuration, security and troubleshooting.
- Strong proficiency with core Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Power Point, Excel, and Word).
- Understanding of retail data and experience building retail reporting solutionswould be an advantage.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in a high availability environment.
- Excellent logical and problem solving abilities. * Bachelor’s degree in computer scienceor mathematics.
- Microsoft training and certification will be considered a strong asset. * Experience programming OLAP with MDX would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills –both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Very high attention to detail
To apply, visit http://www.acceleratedanalytics.com/our-company/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- SSAS: 3 years (Required)
- MS SQL: 3 years (Required)
- SSIS: 3 years (Required)