Director, Product Marketing - Summer & Professional Sports Camps
The Director, Product Marketing - Summer & Professional Sports Camps at Headfirst Companies will work as a full-time corporate employee based out of our Washington, D.C. headquarters office. This Director's responsibilities span all product marketing aspects of multiple business units (Summer Camps & Professional Sports Camps) including, but not limited to, strategic marketing planning and execution, campaign development and implementation, marketing budget management, sales and business development initiatives, and management of associate- and/or manager-level direct report(s).
Summer Camps: Headfirst is the leading operator of best-in-class summer camps in the greater Washington DC area. We currently operate camps at six locations across the DMV – St. Albans/National Cathedral School, Flint Hill School, Catholic University, St. Patrick’s Episcopal Day School, Mater Dei School, and Woods Academy. Our campers range in age from 3-13 and we offer a variety of programming from Day Camp to STEM Camp to sports camps.
Professional Sports Camps: Headfirst is the official provider of summer camp experiences for six major league teams – New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Washington Nationals, Chicago Cubs, Atlanta Falcons, and the D.C. United. We operate these camps under the team brand and run all facets of camp marketing and programming.
- Act as the steward of the Summer Camp and Professional Sports Camp product and brand, including by maintaining existing excellent reputation of both programs; aligning marketing initiatives with product identity; and playing a critical role in new product development and existing product extensions.
- Drive the business performance of each product through leading the development of annual divisional enrollment and revenue goals; developing annual marketing budget for both divisions that includes spend per camper, spend calendar and reporting metrics; creating and managing enrollment projections that align with revenue goals for each division; tracking customer data and requests through our customer systems; developing a proficiency in and understanding of customer base to provide the highest level of customer service while also contributing to growth initiatives; and identifying and creating new opportunities to grow the database of potential customers through tailored marketing initiatives
- Oversee marketing/sales functions, including by developing annual marketing plans for Summer Camps and Professional Sports Camps divisions; partnering with Professional Sports Camps team contacts to ensure approval of marketing calendar; and managing weekly execution across various marketing channels including email, digital marketing, print, webinars, and mailings.
- Actively seek out process improvements and innovations, with a particular early focus on championing new marketing tools that will drive customer acquisition costs down and improve internal efficiency, and creating business development plans that will drive enrollments at scale.
- Manage the customer experience team in all aspects of parent communication, problem solving and best-in-class responsiveness.
In-Season Marketing & Customer Communications
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, training and management on-site Summer Camps Bloggers.
- Manage in-season enrollment and re-enrollment plan across both divisions.
- Manage development of in-season Customer Communication in line with understanding of customer mindset and behavioral drivers.
Direct Report Management
- Lead the team overseeing all marketing and customer experience aspects of the Summer Camps and Professional Sports Camps divisions (current fulltime team members expected to report directly up to this role include the Marketing Manager: Summer Camps, the Customer Experience Associate: Summer Camps, and the Marketing & Customer Experience Associate: Professional Sports Camps).
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and training direct reports in accordance with organization chart.
- Create training program for direct reports to onboard to team and divisional businesses.
- Provide weekly and monthly regular support, guidance and check-ins.
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional relevant professional degree viewed favorably.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing/sales required; at least 5 years at Manager-level or higher, with experience managing B2C marketing/sales teams.
- Desire and ability to work primarily from the Headfirst Companies’ Washington, DC HQ. Please note: Certain hybrid work schedule opportunities may be available for in-person team members following the initial orientation period and in accordance with Headfirst's Remote Work Policy, and can be discussed during the interview process; however, the successful candidate for this role will be someone who values and welcomes the chance to primarily work from the collaborative and team-oriented setting provided by the Headfirst offices.
- Experience scaling marketing functions and teams to achieve high-performance.
- Demonstrated ability to build brand awareness working with key B2C marketing channels including content marketing/SEO, direct communications, social media, marketing automation, and events.
- Experience marketing to families and/or marketing children-related programming viewed favorably.
- Excellent project management and communication skills. Must be extremely comfortable interacting with customers, operational partners (including our professional sports team partners), and other key internal/external stakeholders, with a keen understanding of the importance of both relating to others with empathy and meeting our deliverables/commitments in building and maintain trust.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and capacity and willingness to learn, manage, optimize, and evaluate critical business platforms and SaaS systems; experience with SalesForce preferred.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and executing challenging operational details.
- Solution oriented individual who shares Headfirst Companies’ core mission, values, and believes in our ability to work together to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- Motivated self-starter who is autonomous and dependable.
- Doer who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on finishing the job every day.
- Independent thinker who assumes responsibility beyond what is asked and takes initiative for positive change.
- Consummate professional who has the ability to prioritize and multi-task, managing several projects concurrently, sometimes under pressure, and often with tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Team player who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- Humble and enthusiastic leader who possesses the passion and polish to serve as an ambassador of Headfirst Companies.
- Flexible, coachable, and down-to-earth teammate who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive performance feedback.
Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We value diversity and inclusivity across our Headfirst community, and we strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Senior Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Washington, DC 20008