Northern Light A.R. Gould
Position is located: Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM
Receiving general direction from the Security Director, Supervisor or designee, enforces Hospital regulations, provides a safe and secure environment for Hospital patients, visitors and employees by enforcing Hospital security regulations and by continuously watching for and timely reporting potential safety hazards and unusual occurrences through patrol of assigned areas. Investigates complaints or potential criminal conduct; assists in restraining patients as necessary; provides protective services. Possesses and exhibits extraordinarily strong customer service skills.
The incumbent performs duties and tasks in accordance with performance standards established for the job. The incumbent may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and/or Northern Light Health and its members proprietary information and must handle & protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards. The incumbent is responsible for reporting all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization. The incumbent is responsible for participation in and completion of all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position and conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of Northern Light Health and its members.
1. Maintains the security of the hospital, out buildings, outside properties and assets.
- Performs inside and outside patrols.
- Patrols assigned areas, giving particular attention to those areas where security problems have occurred.
- Responds to trouble, security, emergency calls, and demonstrates the ability to respond to an inside outside plan as outlined in the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Identifies unsafe conditions and improperly secured areas/property to help prevent theft, injuries or damages to Hospital property, patients, visitors and employees.
- Performs standby with patients and/or restraint/removal of unruly/combative patients and public.
- Participates in assistance with workplace and domestic violence victims; responds to medical emergencies; when authorized assists in the restraint of patients; involved in the protection of dignitaries; controls pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Responds immediately to code and stat requests on campus and between campuses.
2. Completes and maintains security logs and forms.
- Ensures incident and shift reports are completed in a timely matter.
- Prepares prisoner/patient checklist and lock removal forms.
- Prepares parking sticker and ID card request.
3. Provides coverage and relief consistent with a 24-hour coverage requirement:
- Performs shuttle and escort service for employees and equipment shuttle after hours.
- Parking lot booth relief as assigned.
- As needed, incumbent will perform patient maneuvers, transport, and mortuary response.
- Performs as Dispatcher utilizing “state of the art” integrated security systems; radio dispatches personnel to respond to occurrences and phone calls for assistance; provides and maintains documentation.
4. Completes computer data entries:
- Can enter parking sticker request, image ID applications for NLH member organizations employees, non-employees, and volunteer’s data into computer.
- Completes Incident Reports and security notices.
- Be able to research parking and ID badge information.
- Use of access control and database software, communications equipment, and first aid equipment.
- Enters RL and Security Specific Software reports as needed.
5. Conducts Investigations
- Investigates thefts, shortages and other complaints involving potential criminal misconduct by questioning individuals involved with specific incidents.
- Notifies appropriate law enforcement agencies of potential/real civil or criminal misconduct and detains suspicious individuals as appropriate.
- When authorized will make arrests as appropriate.
- Participates in subsequent court proceedings as required.
- Prepares and submits written reports in a complete and accurate manner
- Makes notations in log of all incidents.
- Keeps Supervisor informed at all times.
6. Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
- Cross trains in other locations beyond normally assigned workplace.
- Ensures all required training is up-to-date and maintains individual data base training records and reports errors to appropriate supervisor or manager.
- Responsible for maintaining all hospital issued uniforms and equipment (including but not limited to vehicles, radios, computer equipment, cameras, etc.)
- Maintains accountability for valuables/property and forms of evidence coming into incumbent's custody; ensures safekeeping; maintains documentation. May act as a transporter for patients when needed or instructed.
Other Information :
Competencies and Skills
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Required Driver's License
- Required High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
- Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
- Potential exposure to noxious odors.
- Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
- Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
- Lifting, moving, and loading over 50 pounds.