THE COMMUNITY CHURCH IN ADA
The office administrator provides professional, organized and efficient support for the staff and teams of The Community Church in Ada. The individual in this position is often the first contact for those within and outside of the church and must convey a welcoming and professional demeanor. The position includes the following functions: communications coordinator, bookkeeper, database manager, and receptionist. Expected time commitment is approximately 20-25 hours per week with additional hours possible as needed. Reports to the Pastors.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills as much of the responsibilities involve communicating with the church, pastor, council, ministries, etc.
- Comfortable with accounting, Quickbooks, and/or other bookkeeping platforms.
- Self-directed, dependable, detail oriented and organized.
- Proficient in Google productivity suite (documents, forms etc) and ability and eagerness to learn various church related software programs.
- Resourceful researcher
Support needs for Congregation, Pastors, Ministry Teams, and Consistory/Board/Council by the following:
- Prepare, review, and distribute the weekly church bulletin, announcements, and communications between Consistory/Pastor(s) and congregation.
- Assist in managing Pastor(s) schedules as well being a “gatekeeper” to know when Pastor(s) are and are not available.
- Collect, distribute, and archive minutes from elders, deacons, and consistory.
- Facilitate all receipts and expense processes under the supervision of the Treasurer.
- Assist Treasurer with data entry into Breeze (Church Management Software) and Quickbooks.
- Prepare monthly payroll for staff which includes tax payments and appropriate premium and denominational disbursements associated with employees.
- Provide clerical and logistical support for the Pastors with backup support for other staff and various ministry teams.
- Purchase barista, office, kitchen, and cleaning supplies in coordination with team leaders and custodian.
- Answer and respond to incoming phone calls, texts, emails, and social media sites in a timely manner. Channel requests and communications to the appropriate ministry team leaders.
- Manage building use and event calendar:
- Schedule events for church and outside use according to the Building Use Policy.
- Set thermostats according to seasonal needs.
- Communicate with custodial staff about custodial duties for building usage. * Prepare reports for the denomination.
- File tax reports.
- Maintain the schedule for building maintenance as well as renewal of licenses and forms.
- Provide oversight of all staff and volunteer personnel records in compliance with church policies and government regulations.
- Maintain office equipment.
This individual may perform other duties as assigned not listed above
Updated October 2017
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: