Maximize and develop business goals in terms of volume, revenue and margin in growing segments focused across multiple industrial segments. Managing customers through effective development of market segment strategies; account plans; and by coordinating functional resources to implement these strategies and plans.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Accountable for commercial safety initiatives within key account markets.
Drive rapid growth in new markets and space. Experience in understanding these market dynamics and drivers, growth and innovative opportunities, key performance criteria, develop variance analysis, and generate information about specific customer targets and their activities.
Assist Commercial Sales Director to create and sustain a motivated, complete and effective team of employees (Personnel & Organization development)
Negotiate and implement customer contract terms and conditions with support and approval from cross-functional management.
Will be responsible for identifying, developing and articulating the business case encompassing strategy, marketing plan, execution resources, metrics, sourcing, manufacturing/import partners, potential alliances-acquisition/JV, and technology.
Develop strategic business and account plans to coordinate the necessary activities throughout various Hexion and Customer functions to maximize and quantify Hexion’s value offerings.
Participate in cross-functional market segment teams to formulate segment strategy and implement tactical actions and capitalize on cost to serve tactics.
Understand the dynamics of customers, competitors and market drivers, both on a local and global level, and communicate timely information to drive decisions, direction and priorities of the Phenolic Specialty Resins business unit
Plan, forecast, and maximize budget Volumes, Revenues, and Contribution Margin for the specified market segments as outlined in your budget and the annual goals. Effectively support all customer contracts and sales agreements in your account territory.
Comply with all CRM administrative requirements of the Key Account Manager position to include call reports, technical updates, project management tracking, account plans, trial summaries and expense report policies.
Proactively manage their Travel and Entertainment Expenses to optimize costs vs. benefits with respect to business results and performance.
Update Sales and Operations Planning personnel on sales forecast adjustments within their territory to balance customer satisfaction with inventory levels.
Develop value-chain analysis and drive creative solutions to minimize the importance of price and maximize the differentiated value of product performance. Use technical expertise and senior management to communicate the value of doing business with Hexion Inc.
Identify productivity opportunities to drive price based on product value, customer need, and Hexion desirability.
- Develop and drive target pipelines focused on growth and higher margin business.
- Lead or serve as a member of special project teams.
- Adhere to Company policies and work requirements.
- Develop and deliver presentations for Regional Management team, customers and vendors.
- Support the stage gate process, prioritize and complete sample requests, technical service requests, manage project request and price quotation forms in cooperation with customer.
- Work closely with Marketing function to gain market intelligence data (Voice of Segment, Voice of customer).
- Work closely with product line managers to review product life cycle and product line rationalization.
- Travel- ~30% (maximum 50%) of the time in support of our Customer’s plants, headquarters and R&D centers.
Strategic Focus & Direction:
- Support North America, as well as Global PSR strategic and annual operating plans consistent with the overall Hexion plan;
- Be able to use quantitative and qualitative methods for analyzing strategic opportunities;
- Understand a business segment or functional expertise to contribute to a wider range of business issues;
- Stimulate problem resolution across functional and regional groups
- Develop strategic business and account plans to maximize and quantify Hexion’s value offerings;
- Understand the dynamics of customers, competitors and market drivers, both on a local and global level.
Trust & Teamwork:
- Communicate openly and with transparency with others;
- Participate in cross-functional Business unit teams to formulate segment strategy, balancing NA PSR goals with Hexion strategy;
- Support the business decision making process that results in creative solutions and actions;
- Manage conflict situations amicably to the best organizational advantage;
- Keep commitments, confront reality and use respectful straight talk
- Stimulate an environment that leads to creativity & innovation;
- Emphasize process improvement to achieve business plan;
- Exhibit the standard for personal and professional conduct within Hexion core values;
- Act as a key liaison between sales, manufacturing, marketing, technical development and external customers to deliver results
Achieves Business Results:
- Understand strategic direction in market development, increasing market share and sales;
- Expand customer partnerships
- Achieve budget commitments, enacting contingency plans to deliver results
- Negotiate and implement customer contract terms and conditions meeting all legal requirements
- Minimum 10 years of industrial selling and marketing experience with emphasis on Industrial and Polymer Chemical markets.
- Must have demonstrated evidence of a high degree of productivity and have a high level of knowledge/skills in the commercial and technical field.
- Ability to work well independently to achieve objectives and goals.
- Good interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Key Account Management
- Experience in managing technical or sales teams
- Value quantification experience
- OEM & fabricator company experience in Chemical or Industrial Markets
- Commercial experience with Six Sigma methodology
- B.S. Degree (Chemistry, Chemical Engineer, Biology)
- M.S. or MBA preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel
Up to 50%