Please ensure you submit a cover letter with your application.
Who We Are
goba Sports Group is committed to inspiring people to Go Outside and Be Active.
We provide quality outdoor products for Performance, Team, Recreational and Family Yard activities.
Along with our distribution partners, we represent 8 brands in 20 countries including Springfree Trampoline, Athletic Locker, tgoma and our licensed brands Teva, Hoka One One, and Umbro.
We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial group with a fun, empowering and positive attitude. With multiple brands and opportunities around the world you’ll never be bored.
This is a full-time position that operates as a mobile business that primarily attends local events, trade shows, festivals and fairs. Work hours vary; day, evening and weekend shifts are required as necessary.
You will sell high quality backyard products directly to the consumer using a flexible, mobile business model, to be staffed with knowledgeable people. You will take the brands to where the customers are located within the greater Nashville region. As Field Manager, you will develop the local plans for this territory and execute the plans to deliver sales. In the process you will drive brand awareness, create trials and capture leads. The primary brand is Springfree Trampoline, part of the goba Sports Group.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The Field Manager role is multifaceted and will appeal to people with all or some of the following skills and experience:
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Recruiting and Managing People
- Events Management
- Business Administration Skills
- Retail Management
- Managing a P&L
Responsibilities and Duties
This newly created position requires a small business, entrepreneurial approach. Responsibilities will include all aspects of running a local business including staffing and event planning to prospecting and closing sales. Success in this role is contingent on strong execution of event-driven tactics.
- Identify appropriate event opportunities for generating leads and driving sales, based on a strong understanding of the community and family-centric events in this territory
- Create and maintain a yearly event calendar. Strategically monitor the plan to ensure sales targets and lead targets are achieved while remaining within budget
- Smoothly execute a calendar of events according to plan
- Deliver on sales targets through the accumulation of quality leads from event activities.
- Hire, train and manage a small support team ensuring “sales focused” and “customer-focused” attitudes
- Follow-up on leads from Events and Pop-Ups
- Schedule and perform delivery and installation of Springfree Trampolines
- Take initiative and ownership, roll up your sleeves to do what needs to be done
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements and driving sales; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed sales goals successfully; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging; not afraid to take initiative and roll up their sleeves to do what needs to be done
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Problem Solving: Can analyze a situation, see the problems and can create effective solutions
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of sales, events, customer service, or small business experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel within defined territory
- Ideally has worked in a small business and/or started their own business
We offer 16 Paid Time Off days per year and recognize 10 paid Public Holidays. Voluntary Health Care Plan of which we will pay 60% of individual premiums. Commission paid in addition to base salary of $50,000 - $60,000 per year.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Events: 5 years (Preferred)