Family Service Association is a comprehensive private, non-profit social service agency dedicated to the development and implementation of services designed to provide strength and support to individuals and families throughout southeastern Massachusetts. Headquartered in Fall River, Family Service Association strives to increase the capacity of individuals and families to cope with the stresses of family life and interpersonal relationships in a positive, productive and health-improving manner. This agency is a leading provider of professional social services in the South Coast region of Massachusetts, with a 125-year tradition of high quality.
We have an opportunity in our Guardianship Program for a part time (10 hours per week) Program Attorney.
The Attorney is directly responsible for review of cases and handling of legal matters concerning clients of the Guardianship Program.
Education and Experience:
- attending court hearings, meetings, etc. in connection with legal matters.
- drafting correspondence, pleadings and other documentation in connection with case work.
- Assign matters shall include, but not limited to Guardianship matters; Roger’s Reviews; Administration of Estates, Real Estate conveyancing etc.
- handle assigned matters in a timely fashion.
- submit bi-weekly Billing Sheets for billing purposes.
- respond to reasonable expectations of the Agency and/or Program Manager
Must be a licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a member in good standing with the Board of Bar Overseers.
This position does not include benefits but is eligible for MA sick time policy.
Family Service Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.