- Leadership Experience
- Communication Skills
- Mechanical Knowledge
- Administrative Experience
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Reporting to the Director of the Office of Design, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
1. Manage NYCHA’s Engineering Design Units (Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Elevator Disciplines) from planning and design through construction.
2. Distribute work assignments to senior engineer staff; monitor progress of project designs and field condition reports; and provide construction support.
3. Determine scope for professional service consultant program.
4. Coordinate with Construction Program Units for scope, design, budget, scheduling, and construction administration.
5. Provide support to Operations and Management Departments, including emergency inspections and reports.
6. Review feasibility and budget requirements; participate in the annual capital planning process.
7. Prepare management and analysis reports for the Office of Design Director; analyze and sign off on reports prepared by senior engineers of all disciplines.
8. Coordinate special projects as requested by the Vice President for Capital Planning and Design.
9. Represent the Office of Design with inter-departmental and regulatory agency (such as DOB and DEP) coordination, code interpretation and administration.
10. Prioritize design planning; coordinate and manage design projects to ensure completion within schedule and budget.
11. Implement design excellence practices.
12. Sign and seal official documents as Professional Engineer, as necessary.
13. Provide direction to senior engineers on key management, design, budget and schedule decisions.
The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) administered a computer-based License and Experience Test for Administrative Engineer; the filing period was from November 1, 2016 to November 30, 2016. Applicants who did not pass the aforementioned test will be in jeopardy of being replaced with an eligible candidate from the established Civil Service list.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A valid New York State License as a Professional Engineer is required. In addition, candidates must have six (6) years of full-time paid experience in civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, environmental engineering or plan examining work, at least two (2) years of which must have been in an executive, managerial or administrative capacity.
1. Ten (10) plus years of full-time paid experience in civil/structural, mechanical, or electrical engineering work.
2. Six (6) plus years managing and supervising staff.
3. Proven leadership skills, including the ability to nurture, inspire, mentor and direct staff in a positive and professional manner.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly and precisely communicate ideas and expectations.
5. A comprehensive understanding of the development, coordination, and constructability of comprehensive bid documents.
6. Profound knowledge of structural, mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
Click the "Apply Now" button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.