American Greetings has opportunities available for a Reset Assembler. The assembler will work with a team on job sites located in retail locations to assemble, set up, and tear down greeting card fixtures. You will travel together in a company vehicle to the job site when the job site is out of the immediate area.
Interested in applying? Copy and paste the following link into your browser to start the application!
- We pay for travel time to the job site when traveling in a company vehicle.
- Hotel and a per diem is paid for overnight travel.
- We provide necessary tools; you are not required to supply your own tools.
This is a “pick up” work position meaning the hours required will vary based on business needs.
You will generally receive a schedule 2 weeks in advance of required work.
- Construct greeting card shelves, racks, and displays.
- Follow instruction and work well with other co-workers and store personnel.
- Assist the Installation Supervisor in gathering and moving materials necessary to complete the display reset.
- Proficiency with small hand tools used to install and modify fixtures including hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and drills.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to 60 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to read and understand assembly instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong oral & written communication skills including reading & following written instructions.
- This position may require overnight travel/ work up to 50% of the time.
- To be eligible for this position you will need to be 18 years or older.
We will train on the job but prefer someone with a mechanical aptitude. The Reset Assembler enjoys labor-intensive work, can stand for extended periods of time and has a flexible schedule for out of town and overnight travel as needed.
- You may be exposed to crowded environment, close quarters, loud noises and low-level lighting conditions.
For more than 100 years, American Greetings Corporation has been a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create happiness, laughter and love.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. We desire to place a priority on referrals of protected veterans. EOE M/F/disability/vet VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Construction, General Labor, Handyman, Assembly, Merchandising, Carpenter, Retail
Job Type: Part-time