- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 10+ years relevant work experience in product management, and IoT, Edge computing, or device-side software.
- Proven success in delivering complex technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Experience delivering products that incorporate advanced analytical techniques, data-driven decision processes and applied statistical methods
- Experience in leading product development start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering
Are you interested in leading and defining an industry at intersection of the Cloud, the Internet of Things (IoT), serverless, and Edge computing? AWS IoT is looking for a senior product manager for AWS IoT Greengrass, a product that enables customers to develop and deploy applications on various kinds of edge devices using the same constructs that are available to developers in the cloud. This will enable customers in a broad set of segments bring highly sophisticated machine learning capabilities to small, devices that are intermittently connected to AWS cloud services.
From a business and technical perspective, this leader will:
- Develop and execute plans that make it easy to develop, deploy, and manage applications, ranging from small IoT devices to large scale industrial gateways.
- Drive broad adoption and provide an unparalleled customer experience. This leader should be experienced with a range of approaches, including: feature development, pricing changes, a range of marketing channels (i.e. public relations, developer evangelism, promotions, etc.), customer surveys and profiling, sample application, code samples, and technical documentation.
- Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right Product Manager will lead by example, being just as passionate about security and operational performance as they are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the AWS business growing extremely rapidly, this leader will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Possess deep industry expertise in the IoT space, operating systems, micro-controllers (MCUs), systems on chip (SoC), and ecosystem building strategies
- Have experience in the product planning and design of strategic enterprise services and product
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- trong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, IoT, complex event analysis, advanced analytics etc.
- Work experience delivering one or more V1 products, ideally in a startup or similar setting
- MBA or Master's degree in Technology (Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
- Knowledge of consumer related metrics, funnel analysis, conversion, consumer acquisition and retention and go to market strategies for technology product and services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.