Auburn residents given priority seating and encouraged to apply.
Launch or relaunch your career in aerospace and advanced manufacturing through a free, no-cost, workshop offered through the Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) Training Center an Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) program.
The 2 day workshop will enhance or give you the preliminary knowledge and skills information needed to apply for an entry-level to mid level job in aerospace and advanced manufacturing occupations such as Machining, Industrial Maintenance, Automation, Industrial Manufacturing Technician, and Mechatronics or to enter a no cost 10 week Pre-Apprenticeship.
Candidates for this program include those who qualify for:
- Auburn resident.
- Available from 9am -2pm Nov 4 and Nov 5.
- Able to meet face face at Green River College.
- Strong desire to learn about advanced and aerospace manufacturing and find employment.
- Able to pass daily Covid 19 screening for safety and health of all in workshop.
How to get started:
- You start by going to (www.ManufacturingAcademy.org).
- Scroll down and click on "apply today".
- Choose AMP Training - Auburn. Complete the form and submit.
- Fill out form and provide your Auburn, WA mailing address.
- Within one business day an AJAC representative will contact you to confirm your enrollment in the workshop.
Program Start Date & Information:
- Location: Green River College 12401 SE 320th Street Auburn, WA 98092
- Building and Room will be shared once enrolled.
- AMP/AJAC Workshop
- Orientation Dates: November 4 Nov 5 | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Length of Program: 2 days (Wednesday - Thursday )
To apply please copy and paste the following URL in your web browser:
and click "Apply Today"
As an AMP attendee, you will have the opportunity to develop knowledge and assess your skills development and skills to succeed in the industry including:
- Intro to concepts of machining, metal fabrication, composites, assembly, math for manufacturing, blueprint reading, with discussion about certifications in forklift, and OSHA
- Receive training from industry professionals
- Learn how to connect with local manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
- Obtain insight about career pathways; including education and apprenticeship opportunities
- Effective resume writing, interviewing and job application assistance
*This is a free training and is at no cost for eligible Auburn participants. Eligibility requirements will be discussed prior to enrollment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- COVID -19 safety protocols, social distancing are strictly enforced
- Mask required and handwashing required.
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply