Are you ready to be part of something EXTRAORDINARY?
- A world of discovery
- A quality environment
- A strong partnership with families
- A sense of community
- PEACE OF MIND
Kids Klub Child Development Center is coming to Bellevue, Washington. We are looking for a Center Director who will be an integral part of not only opening our first center outside of California, but also establishing our brand in the state of Washington.
As the Center Director, you will lead with inspiration, genuine care, and share your extensive child development knowledge and experience with children, families and staff members. Come make a difference in the lives of others, build lasting memories, and shape the future!
Kids Klub is hiring a Full-Time Center Director for its new center in Bellevue, Washington (scheduled to open in August/September 2019). The position will start in May 2019.
- Minimum of two (2) years paid successful experience as a Director of a Child Development Center / Preschool preferably in Washington State.
- Hands on experience as a teacher with infants, toddlers, and preschool age children required. Experience with school age children also required.
- Bachelor’s degree (Child Development, Education or related field preferred)
- AT LEAST (30) postsecondary semester units in Child Development or its equivalent with one or more courses in program administration REQUIRED
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) and ability to relate to young children, teachers, and parents
- Strong organizational, leadership and managerial skills
Must be generally in good physical condition able to:
- Lift up to 45 pounds
- Move light furniture/school items
- Perform Daily repetitive bending and rapid/active movement associated with working with children
The Center Director leads and manages the entire center—from its child development programs (e.g. Preschool, Infant/Toddler, School Age, Evening/Weekend, Extracurricular classes and special events) to its operations (e.g. maintenance, admissions, front desk, food program, transportation, marketing, staffing, etc.) Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating all child development and administrative staff.
- Overseeing Admissions/Enrollment & Recruiting Process (including community events, marketing, etc.)
- Managing Child Class Transitions and Waitlist
- Coordinate Special Events (e.g. Thanksgiving, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Pre-K Graduation, Halloween, etc.)
- Perform Orientations, Meet & Greets, and tours
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to state licensing regulations. Work with state and local agencies and comply with State Licensing Child Care Regulations including completing paperwork (i.e. health records, fire codes, etc.)
- Maintain a variety of records, including registrations, permission slips, accident reports, medical records, etc.
- Work with staff to execute planned curriculum that meets the mission of the center
- Collaborate with teachers to plan instructional activities and lessons, which promote developmentally appropriate student learning.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the child evaluations in relation to their school progress, abilities, and needs
- Keep Executive Team informed of all necessary information including: customer and staff complaints, incidents, resignations, and planned/unplanned time-off.
- Aid staff in planning parent/teacher conferences
- Oversee facility maintenance
- Be outgoing, always smiling, and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Problem-solve and work well as part of a team –be solution-oriented!
- Provide excellent customer service
- Have a big heart for children and families
This is a salaried, 40+ hours per week position
Kids Klub Child Development Centers are premier, state-of-the-art childcare facilities that offer care for children from infants/pre-school to school age. We opened our first center in 1995. With three locations in California, we provide wonderful services to families and the community in Pasadena, San Gabriel/Rosemead, South Pasadena and the surrounding cities. Kids Klub provides a "World of Discovery" fostering learning through fun, hands-on age appropriate experiences, which creates a strong foundation for academic success.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
THE CHALLENGES & REWARDS WILL EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!
Check out our website: www.kidsklubcdc.com
Job Type: Full-time
- State of Washington Child Development Center Director: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement