DGC Capital is a regional company that has been providing Construction Services for over 30 years. Our services include Construction Management, General Contracting, Design Building and Retail Interior. Because we promote creativity and responsiveness within our organization, our clients and professional partners have discovered we are team players with full partner commitment on every project.
This is a great opportunity for a college graduate or a seasoned APM.
Assistant Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Supports the Project Manager and executes the project specific administrative work required to set-up, perform and close-out projects.
- Creates and processes Requests for Information (RFIs) that are requested by Project Manager, Project Superintendent and/or Subcontractors.
- Cross checks and validates each impact (change order) with both the Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
- Assists Project Manager with project schedules; permit filings, logistics, communications with clients and subcontractors and manpower requests.
- Prepares project weekly report documentation for client including progress photos, meeting minutes, RFI log, Change Order log, Submittal log and schedule updates.
- Assists Project Managers in preparing and updating the overall or two week look-ahead.
- Expedites project close-out requirements including municipal sign offs, as-built drawings, attic stock, training, final project photos, etc.
- Coordinates with Project Managers to timely process client and subcontractor change requests and change orders.
- Issues approved subcontractor change orders to subcontractors for signature.
- Coordinates with A/R and A/P for approved change order billing.
- Prepares documents for monthly billing meetings.
- Assists Project Manager in obtaining LEED information and documents.
Assistant Project Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications is helpful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Proficiency with computers; Microsoft office (Word, Excel; Outlook); knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred and Timberline is a plus.
Employment with DGC Capital comes with competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits offered include medical and dental for employees and dependents. Additionally there is a generous 401(k) Savings Plan and Profit Sharing Plan.
Job Type: Full-time