SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Safety Supervisor provides expertise and technical assistance to NEMS for the implementation of all safety program that meets or exceeds all current standards. S/he represents the company in all safety matters pertaining to internal and external activities. S/he reviews, interprets and provides assistance on safety regulations and standards. This person will monitor company safety performance and conducts project audits and safety inspections.In addition, this role will supervise the Security team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and implement safety and emergency management protocols across the organization.
- Identifies company safety training needs, develops and coordinates safety training programs including facility safety, clinical safety, and emergency preparedness.
- Maintains current knowledge of local, state, federal, OSHA, NIMS, and other emergency related regulations; understand best practices and make recommendations to NEMS management with respect to safety and emergency mitigation, preparedness/training, response, and recovery activities.
- Develop and conduct table top exercises, small group trainings, and large group trainings on emergency protocols, Incident Command System and safety measures.
- Develops and manages internal emergency and safety policies and procedures, business continuity plan, and other written documents as needed.
- Attend community meetings and participate in other external emergency planning groups, task forces, and committees as needed.
- Maintain and track inventory of emergency management equipment, communication systems, and supplies at NEMS locations.
- Maintain NEMS’ emergency radio systems; participate in communication drills with Department of Public Health and other agencies.
- Partners with clinical department on hazardous material training, performs quarterly inspections and communicate on recommended repairs
- Meet with government related auditors and inspectors for clinic hazards and Safety such as DPH and SF Environment related officials
- Administrator Stericycle website and annual site OSHA Mock Audits
- Participates in clinical safety policy development
- Stays up to date on safety protocols for all departments across NEMS
- Direct supervision of a department involving responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and personnel. Responsible for carrying out supervisory/managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring of employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Environmental Science or related field
- 5+ years experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- 1+ year supervisory experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of emergency/safety management concepts, terminology, and basic procedures
- OSHA Compliance Certification
- Certification in Incident Command System ( 100, 200, 700)
- Must have strong public speaking and training development skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in computer usage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Possession of a current and valid driver’s license
- Certification in HAM radio and emergency communication systems desirable
- Must be able to fluently read, write and speak English
- The ability to speak a second language is an asset
- This is an FLSA exempt position.
- This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety Coordinator: 5 years (Required)
- OSHA Certification (Required)
- Incident Command System (ICS) Certification (Required)