Vaco Technology is assisting one of our client's, on the North side of Indianapolis, in their search for a full-time Network Administrator. This position will be responsible for the configuration, installation, support and troubleshooting of the telecommunications and network infrastructure. This individual will assist with researching, analyzing and implementing software patches and hardware changes to resolve any telecommunications or network deficiencies. This role will provide tier 2/3 support to ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data and wireless network services across multiple data centers and branch offices throughout the United States.
- Install, configure and maintain telecommunications and networking software and hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPN devices, wireless controllers, wireless access points, load balancing devices, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve communications and network issues by providing tier 2/3 support
- Assist in maintaining Cisco voice systems and Interactive Intelligence call center applications
- Perform daily network administration, maintenance and upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Configure and administer VPN connection devices
- Administer Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)
- Administer Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation
- Bachelor’s or Technical Degree in computer science, information systems or other industry related curriculum
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is preferred - certified candidates will be considered first over candidates who are not certified
- 3 or more years of work experience in Network Administration
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking and voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solutions
- Working knowledge of networking protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, SIP, IPSEC, 802.1X and QoS
- Working knowledge of network management systems such as SolarWinds, Prime and Wireshark
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time
- This is a full-time opportunity with a starting salary between $75 - $80K.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Network Management Systems: 2 years
- working knowledge of Cisco Networking and VoIP: 2 years
- working knowledge of Networking Protocols: 2 years
- Network Administration: 3 years
Required work authorization: