Shift Schedule: 3:00pm to 11:30pm plus overtime
The Janitorial Manager is a position within the line of operations of C&W Services. The incumbent is responsible for the management of the assigned accounts, and the supervisors assigned to each account. Specific responsibilities include work-scheduling of all account personnel, establishing work standards, conducting site evaluations/audits, overall inventory/equipment usage, budget control, employee evaluations, troubleshooting/problem solving, new hire orientation, training of supervisor and support personnel, customer relations, and special project work as requested.
The Janitorial Manager reports to Area Manager and is responsible for the following activities:
- Manages the overall activities of a project(s), and supervises the supervisors
- Directs and develops subordinates to produce professional results and workmanship of an efficient Facility Management organization
- Ensure that all work performed under his/her supervision is done in a timely and cost-effective manner according to the applicable codes.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with the customer and facility personnel regarding work schedules and distribution and coordination of materials in these facilities.
- Administration of the Work Order System client requests to ensure the work tickets have been distributed/performed/completed and closed on time as per the client request.
- Conducts quality assurance checks and manages materials inventory as well as general use of equipment
- Coordinates and controls special projects work on weekdays and weekends per the Periodic Schedule
- Measures performance of accounts against assigned budgets and quality standards to ensure appropriate and timely preparation. Work with established constraints and facility conditions and report on variances when applicable
- Interface with customer management personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements as related to the facility management contract are being satisfied
- Organize and develop short and long-term goals and objectives
- Develop, implement, administer, and modify programs to maintain all physical assets and equipment, warehousing, and operations.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for facilities operations, including events set up programs, janitorial program, equipment replacement, quality assurance, and safety
- Resolves on-site service delivery problems
- Participates in ongoing management/technical skill development training programs
- Maintains/monitors work schedules of all personnel for two shifts, including the preparation and submission of weekly payroll in Kronos system
- Create work orders in WOM system for any above standard service requested and coordinated/approved with the customer
- Submit janitorial supply orders for each account on the Procurement system
- Ensure that all facilities under his/her responsibility are safe and comply with all federal, state and local laws
- Ensure that environmental procedures and issues are being implemented through the direction of the customer’s environmental specialist representative.
- Conducts safety training orientation of employees.
- Conducts orientation of employees, develops employees skills/abilities and performs annual employee evaluations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES, if any:
Responsible for Supervisors, Lead employees and line staff at the site.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
- Management experience, and up-to-date knowledge of cleaning practices/procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Excellent customer and employee relations skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce
- Bilingual English and Spanish a MUST
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
A commercial/corporate site that requires extensive walking, must be able to attend to emergency requests in a 24/7 operation.
This position requires compliance with our COVID related protocols, which may also include client-specific requirements. This might include, but is not limited to, either providing documentation of full vaccination as per CDC guidelines or agreeing to regular COVID testing
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About C&W Services
A leader in facilities services with over 70 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 70-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world’s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people.
Our success is due to a supportive and friendly culture that fosters collaboration.
Why C&W Services?
- Weekly Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits that start on day 1
- Advance opportunities
- Training to work in a cutting-edge facility
- A safety first culture
Visit our website at: https://careers.cushmanwakefield.com/cwservices/global/en
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Cushman & Wakefield | Cushman & Wakefield jobs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Afternoon shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Year round work
- This is a second shift position. The hours are 3:00pm to 11:30pm plus weekends and overtime as needed. Are you comfortable with this schedule long term?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Janitorial: 5 years (Required)
- Spanish or Portuguese (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person