Come teach in a supportive, collaborative, creative learning environment, where you will have a significant voice in school policy-making and the design of your own classroom.
For the 2020-21 school year, we are seeking a middle-school-certified math teacher with 2+ years secondary experience and/or teacher prep college program.
- Strong classroom-management and lesson-planning skills
- Strong technological skills and ability to learn multiple software programs and hardware devices
- Ability to teach multiple middle school grade levels in certified subject
- Ability to differentiate lessons for various abilities and learning styles
- Steadfast belief that all students can achieve at the highest academic levels and deserve an opportunity to succeed
- Cultural competence, a commitment to cultural awareness and responsiveness
- Excellent collaborative skills and willingness to work in a reflective teaching and learning environment
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from a fully accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred. Degree in education preferred.
- At least two years full-time secondary teaching experience and/or completion of a teacher preparation college program.
- Certified to teach in Florida for grades k-6, 5-9 or 6-12.
PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://form.jotform.us/resilienceschool/employment-page1
Resilience utilizes project-based learning where students can collaborate and design authentic solutions to real-world problems, working with mentors and partners in the community. Social emotional learning is an integral part of the school, supporting students' growth with principles of mindfulness and restorative justice.
Mission: To cultivate a dynamic learning community based on innovation, social justice, and environmental stewardship. The Resilience Charter School engages students through authentic relationships and project-based learning, empowering them to think critically, persevere with grit, design creative solutions, and act with mindfulness and compassion.
Visit http://resiliencecharter.org for more information about the school.
**Candidates MUST be local residents of Florida or Southern Georgia to be considered
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,500.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave