Job Listing: Banquet Server
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Banquet Server for the Desert Willow Conference Center.
Nestled in the new Cotton Center business park, Desert Willow Conference Center offers dedicated meeting planners who will provide expert advice and insure the success of business meetings, programs or special events. A region, known for its premier destination qualities including near perfect weather and ease of transportation, Phoenix, is the capital and the most populous city of the State of Arizona. It was incorporated as a city on February 25, 1881 and is called Hoozdo, or "the place is hot", in the Navajo language.
The Banquet Server will play a major role in ensuring a pleasant experience for Sodexo Live! guests who attend catered breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, receptions and other organized group affairs involving food and beverage service.
This position will typically work within a Convention Center or other events venue environment, and will occasionally work at off-site locations. They may serve as few as ten or as many as hundreds of guests. Style of service may range from casual to formal, involving passed cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, buffets or highly-coordinated multi-course meals in which each guest is served at the same time.
The Banquet Server will actively participate in the preparation, set-up, service, break-down and cleanup of catered functions. Their highest priorities will be to support overall profitability and guest satisfaction by providing exceptional customer service while maintaining Sodexo Live!’s standards for safety, cleanliness, sanitation.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
- Support banquet operations by assisting in executing catered events and functions in accordance with Sodexo Live! standards, guest expectations and specifications as per Banquet Event Orders and catering contracts.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized and sanitary environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent.
- Age 21 or older.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to count and accurately make change involving large sums of money.
- Ability to use calculator, bill counters, and coin counters.
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for persuasive sales, with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person