Polsinelli, PC, a national, Kansas City based law firm, has an immediate opening for an Office Marketing Manager in the Washington, DC office.The Marketing Manager provides works closely with the national marketing team to provide overall marketing support to the local office, including comprehensive responsibilities for local marketing strategy, business development, marketing communications and marketing operations activities to help meet the growth goals of the local office and ensure overall firm marketing objectives are executed at the local level.
*Comprehensive Marketing Support at Local Office Level, plus special national projects
- Serves as local liaison of firm strategy, brand strategy, and marketing policies/processes marketing team
- Develops local office marketing strategy and develops tactics to achieve goals, in close partnership with firm-wide functional specialists:
- Provides client, competitor, and industry analytic support by liaising to firm-wide strategic analytics function
- Develops advertising plan by liaising to firm-wide advertising function
- Assesses business development needs and supports in executing strategic programs by liaising to firm-wide business development industry function
- Assists with community relations functions, i.e. getting attorneys on boards, assessing sponsorship opportunities
- Partners with firm-wide PR function and external PR resource where appropriate to develop and execute local media strategy
- Works with local attorneys and marketing industry specialists to develop proposals * Manages the marketing budget for the office, developing a local marketing strategy in partnership with the Office Managing Partner, and tracking details against budget. Evaluates budget effectiveness and makes recommendations on changes to improve local marketing budget ROI.
- Provides overall marketing and business development guidance to local attorneys in alignment to firm strategic plan and practice group marketing strategy.
- Leads local “Events business development ROI” efforts by tracking high priority client prospects, supporting attorneys in developing event business development plans, and liaising with National Events and Business Development team members.
- Plans and executes all aspects of local events with support from firm-wide events function
- Takes ownership of firm-wide strategic initiatives as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe and Database Management
- Greater than 3 years marketing experience, including strategic components such as industry and competitive analytics, consumer insights, and sales/ business development activities
- Strong general business orientation required and experience working with P&L owners desired. Must have clear grasp of marketing function’s role in driving business acquisition and retention.
- Familiarity with advertising strategy, experience in developing and/or evaluation of marketing collateral, and familiarity with media/PR planning.
- Willingness to work in “hands-on” environment, and experience in managing wide range of responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills a must – demonstrated ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders to achieve optimal results.
- Understanding of and experience in developing proposals and RFP’s, assessing strategic requirements to obtain win new business, preferred but not required
- Legal marketing a plus, but not required.
- BA in Marketing, Journalism or Business desired. MBA a plus.
Polsinelli PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- marketing: 5 years (Required)
- Washington, DC (Required)