The Dispatch Consoles team focuses on a set of products built for mission-critical operation over public safety communication networks. Dispatch Consoles provide a view into the communications system, with ability to monitor multiple communications channels simultaneously. Radio Dispatch operators and 911 call-takers use the Dispatch Console to communicate with first responders in the field and coordinate incident management among police, fire, emergency medical and other agencies.
Motorola Dispatch Consoles interoperate with a wide array of communications technologies including analog and digital radio channels, tone paging, telephone; and also supports auxiliary connections for sensors, I/O controls and additional peripherals devices such as speakers, microphones, and headsets. Dispatch Consoles bring these elements together in a single product designed to present information from these sources in efficient workflows to help first responders perform their duties quickly and accurately.
Motorola IP-based Dispatch Consoles enable effective, secure communication over public safety communication networks to keep responders connected and informed when it matters most.
Motorola Dispatch Consoles offer public safety and utility agencies integration capabilities to reach across multiple applications and resources for enhanced response coordination. A highly intuitive interface increases ease of use for organizing resources, coordinating a response and communicating valuable information.
Audio processing, encryption, and switching intelligence for dispatch is performed within each software-based operator position, without additional centralized electronics. MCC 7500 consoles function as integrated components of the entire radio system, enabling full participation in system level features such as end-to-end encryption and agency partitioning. A Motorola dispatch console is able to monitor up to 180 communications channels simultaneously.
Positions are available for working on a wide range of products, applications, and services such as:
- Software development for LTE and 2-Way Radio Mission Critical Communication Systems
- Application development and security solutions for dispatch and content logging
- Cyber security threat prevention associated with the deployment of on-premise infrastructure, mobile, and cloud based technology
- Customer facing application development
- Controller, gateway, and base station software development
Motorola Solutions is looking for candidates with strong interests in:
- Developing cutting edge secure digital communication solutions for Public Safety and First Responders
- Information Security practices and secure software development methodologies and techniques
- Secure protocols, key management, Public Key Infrastructure
- Mission critical feature development
Candidates are expected to work in a team environment utilizing the latest industry standard agile practices for planning, implementing, and delivering products and services.
- Design, develop, test and maintain software applications that remove friction from processes.
- Design and develop secure and high performance web applications with REST based integrations to key enterprise applications.
- Document all technical design decisions and code in design documents.
- Develop integrated test scenarios, identify test data and execute test scenarios.
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve issues identified and document test results.
- Initiate and participate in production rollout processes.
- Research new technologies and implement them to make business processes and interactions easier for users.
- Become an evangelist for the tools and technologies that we implement to enable easier adoption by developers/users.
- Collaborate within the team and outside with other teams within IT/Company.
- Maintain a level of urgency towards timelines and results.
- Team software development using Agile/SAFe practices. Experience with SDLC as well as awareness of Agile methodologies
- Software virtualization practices and understanding of cloud based solutions
- Hands-on experience with Python, HTML5, RESTful web services, OpenAPI/Swagger, JSON, and XML.
- Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Redis
- Experience writing SQL queries and connecting to Database backends.
- Application or embedded programming experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD environment using Jenkins, Concourse, Bitbucket or similar toolsets.
- SIP, RTP, RTCP Protocols
- Security concepts such as authentication, access control, authorization and least privilege
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline is required.
One or more of the following skills:
- Linux (multiple variants)
- Windows development
- Network Protocols (TCP/IP, TLS, UDP)
- Concurrent Processing, multithreaded application development
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.