Recruitment/Posting Title Accounting Assistant (Temporary)
Department SAS - Physics & Astronomy
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Accounting Assistant for the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides assistance to financial, data and department operations as well as auxiliary services to grant and project accounting in self-directing role.
- Performs bookkeeping and clerical duties consisting of account reconciliations including grant accounts, vendor payment/invoice analysis, preparing purchase orders, journal entries, check requests, travel and business expense reimbursements (TABERS), establishing backup documentation, preparing spreadsheets, and organizing account files.
- Coordinates grant post-award management, reconciliation and troubleshooting.
- Serves as department resource for expense management.
- Performs as a backup for others in the business office
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week 37.5
Daily Work Shift Day
Position Salary $20.00-25.00/hr
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Prior working experience in higher education environment preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Posting Number 18TM0466
Posting Open Date 06/08/2018
Posting Close Date 07/08/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.