Position Title: Accounts Coordinator-Recording Clerk
Department: Registry of Deeds
Status/Shift: Full Time, Non-exempt
Salary Range: $15.39 + DOE
Dependent upon Experience
Provides recording, bookkeeping and clerical service to the department by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and processes bills for payment by third parties such as state and federal government agencies and insurance companies.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Prepares and types manifests and fiscal documents in final form.
- Assumes responsibility for monthly reports for the treasurer and the state tax stamp reports.
- Posts financial transactions to books, journals and records.
- Collaborates with auditors to review practices and procedures.
- Provides copies of recorded instruments to the public.
- Assists the public in locating recorded instruments.
- Documents and processes recording fees.
- Performs all daily banking functions - deposits, data entry internal accounting system, prepares daily warrant reports, balance cash drawers.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping functions.
- Reviews and records land documents in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Answers calls and provides information to callers or directs callers to appropriate personnel.
- Performs other clerical duties such as typing, filing, copying and faxing.
- Participates in cross-training of other departments.
- Assists and advises co-workers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Duties require knowledge of office and bookkeeping procedures equivalent to the completion of a one-year certificate from a college or technical school and three years of related experience and/or training or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Submission Requirements: Employment application required. Resume and cover letter optional.
Apply to: Human Resources Department
Mail or Drop off Applications to:
Rockingham County Human Resources Department, 111 North Road, Brentwood, NH 03833
Applications can be found online at: rockinghamcountynh.org/careers
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Mandatory post offer physical, drug and alcohol testing for new hire. Criminal records check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.39 /hour
- Office and bookkeeping procedures: 1 year (Preferred)