Cyber security and the fight against ransomware is quickly becoming one of the most pressing business issues today. Block Ransomware was established by President & CEO Asher Dahan specifically to stop hackers dead in their tracks. Block Ransomware™ is an innovative, patent-pending solution that prevents hackers from taking over corporate data by detecting and then stopping the encryption of files when it begins.
Operating from its computer lab in West Los Angeles, Block Ransomware is a dynamic company that is growing fast and adding many new clients. To support this growth, we are seeking an experienced, responsible, energetic, resourceful, and flexible person to join our team as a Senior Microsoft Engineer and support our CEO’s ongoing efforts to build a phenomenal business.
In this role, you will report directly to the CEO and serve not only as his right hand but also as the backbone of the company’s technical operations. This is a hands-on role and will require direct client-facing activity, ranging from handling first-level user support calls to managing any number of network projects for small businesses of approximately 10 to 100 employees. Given the nature of Block Ransomware’s innovative solutions, the ideal candidate will also have significant knowledge of and experience with Cyber Security. To be successful, this Engineer must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is skilled at working autonomously to provide both on-site and remote technical support, and will do whatever it takes to deliver the expected results.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has been supporting his/her own clients before and is excited about joining a fast-growing IT company. If you have that personal drive to succeed and want to roll up your sleeves and contribute to just about everything that goes on within an entrepreneurial IT workplace, this could be a great fit! We are already in the process of considering qualified candidates, so if you’re interested please send a copy of your complete resume as well as a cover letter highlighting your particular areas of expertise.
Senior Microsoft Engineer Position Profile–
Technical Requirements (which will all be tested during interview) –
- Experience with cloud solutions and business migrations to the cloud
- Windows 2003, 2008, 2011SBS, 2012R2 & 2016, including both installation and support
- VMware (plus) & Microsoft Hyper V virtualization, including installation and support
- Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & Office 365, including installation and support
- Strong network troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience with network security and penetration, including related certificates
- Win 7, Win 8 & Win 10
- Integration of Macs in Windows networks, including mail
- Mac OS a plus
- Application support
- Security and Firewalls, including Sonicwall
- Antivirus solutions, including Symantec, Trend Micro
- Backup systems, including Symantec
- Setup of workstations and servers
- Remote support tools
- Hardware break and knowledge to fix for both workstations and servers
Additional Requirements –
- College degree, preferably in Information systems or Computer science.
- All necessary Microsoft certifications.
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a field engineer for a larger consulting firm or working as an independent consultant delivering similar technical support solutions.
- Experience managing network projects for small businesses and delivering expected results.
- Experience setting up client meetings and conference calls, working with other IT and office staff, and managing the office while the CEO is away.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including both written and verbal communications (e.g., email etiquette, phone presence, proper grammar, etc.).
- Must conduct all matters and communications in a professional and courteous manner as a representative of the company, all-around team player.
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task and focus on attention to detail, including producing accurate documentation for all work performed.
- Creative, independent, and self-motivated with ability to anticipate problems before they arise and solve them whenever they do.
- Flexible and positive attitude with a desire to learn, especially learning new technologies.
- Personable and takes ownership of work.
- Operate with strong sense of urgency and impeccable follow-through, working under pressure and with strict deadlines.
- Trustworthy and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated expertise using entire suite of MS Office applications, VOIP phone systems, etc.
- 40 hours per week, Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Work to be performed in the Company’s corporate office in West Los Angeles or on-site with clients across the greater Los Angeles area.
- Must have reliable car and valid driver’s license, with ability to drive to/from client sites as needed – including carrying and transporting necessary equipment.
- Pay to be determined based on candidate’s particular qualifications.
- Start as soon as mid to late June.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Onsite Networking Experience: 5 years
Required work authorization: