Mental Health/Addiction Outpatient Facility is searching for an experienced, full time and part-time mental health and substance abuse therapists to provide primary clinical services, including group and individual counseling and case management to patients struggling with mental health issues (depression, anxiety, trauma, eating disorders, bipolar) and addiction.
Provide assessments, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention of individuals with mild, to moderate, psychiatric disorders and addiction. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatrist and other members of the clinical team to plan and direct each individual client’s treatment program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Individualized Program Development: Assesses, develops and coordinates a clinical program for the diagnosis, treatment, and referral of clients with acute or chronic psychiatric disorders
- Family Interaction: Contacts family with clinical updates (with proper consent) and leads family therapy sessions
- Coordination: Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs, and consults with medical, nursing and psychiatric staff regarding diagnosis, strengths and deficits, also works closely with case managers to coordinate client care
- Compliance: Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals and groups. Also chart member’s treatments and progress in accordance with state regulations and department procedures. The therapist instructs and counsels clients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, including adherence to prescribed medication regimens within the scope of practice.
- Record Keeping: Prepares reports, intakes, treatment plans, case summaries and maintains ongoing confidential records, as well as providing case manager with therapeutic updates
- Family Support: Interprets psychiatric treatment to client’s family and helps to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment. Also refers client’s family to community support services and resources, and utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters Degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related field.
- If an intern, must be registered as an MFT Intern or Social Worker Associate.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the use of psychosocial assessment and psychotherapeutic methods and measures in a hospital, clinic or agency.
- Dual Diagnosis experience and 12-step knowledge is required.
- Significant experience with chronic disorders required.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required as well as knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as is related to client treatment, patient rights, and client/patient confidentiality.
- Understanding insurance based medical necessity required.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Must be a California Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor.
SALARY: MFT/LCSW$30.00 to $40.00 per hour
Intern $25.00 to $30.00 DOE
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- PsyD/PhD, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC