We are seeking a friendly, organized, and customer-focused Front Desk Representative to join our dental office team. As the first point of contact for our patients, the Front Desk Representative plays a crucial role in ensuring a positive and welcoming experience for all visitors. This position requires excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor, and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a front desk or customer service role, preferably in a dental or medical setting.
Location: 5160 S Pulaski Suite 102, Chicago, IL 60629
- Patient Reception and Greeting
- Collect payments for services rendered and ensure accurate record-keeping of financial transactions.
- Warmly welcome patients and visitors as they arrive at the office.
- Register new patients, gather necessary information, and ensure all required forms are completed accurately.
- Verify and update patient demographics, insurance information, and medical history in the practice management system.
Appointment Scheduling and Management:
- Efficiently schedule appointments for patients in Open Dental, taking into account their preferences and the availability of dental providers.
- Manage the appointment schedule in Open Dental to optimize patient flow and minimize downtime.
- Send appointment reminders via phone calls, emails, or text messages to reduce no-shows and cancellations.
Telephone and Email Communication:
- Handle incoming phone calls, address patient inquiries, and direct calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Proactively make outbound calls to schedule patient visits.
- Respond to emails and online inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Provide accurate and helpful information about dental services, insurance coverage, and office policies.
Billing and Insurance Processing:
- Collaborate with the billing department to process insurance claims and coordinate payments.
Assist patients with understanding their insurance coverage and financial responsibilities.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the reception area.
- Order office supplies and ensure the front desk area is adequately stocked.
- Assist with general administrative tasks, such as filing, data entry, and managing patient records.
- Address patient concerns or complaints with empathy and professionalism.
- Demonstrate a caring and supportive attitude to help patients feel at ease during their visit.
- Foster a positive and welcoming atmosphere to encourage patient loyalty and referrals.
Other Duties as Assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certifications in dental assisting or office administration is a plus.
- Proven experience as a front desk representative, a customer service role, or hospitality position.
- Familiarity with dental terminology, procedures, and insurance processing is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with dental practice management software, preferably with Open Dental.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to interact with patients, colleagues, and third-party partners effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to manage appointment schedules, paperwork, and patient records accurately.
- Ability to remain composed under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A professional and friendly demeanor with a commitment to exceptional customer service.
The UDP Way
Starting with a single office a decade ago, two dentists founded and pursued the simple purpose of providing high-quality, affordable dental care for children and families. Today, with 24 offices and more on the way, our mission continues to provide high-quality, accessible, and comprehensive dental care throughout the communities we serve. At United Dental Partners, you will work with a diverse and highly talented team, and joining means you join a seamless network colleagues who work together to deliver great dental experiences.
Check out UnitedDentalPartners.com to learn more about what it is like to be part of UDP.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Dental office experience: 1 year (Required)
- Open Dental: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person