High School/GED from Nationally Accredited College/Universit
Allegan General Hospital seeks a full time Phlebotomist Clerk to work for our Lab.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- This position includes a weekend on-call rotation (every 5th wknd) as well as a holiday rotation
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Collect blood from patients utilizing approved venipuncture techniques.
- Collect blood using micro-techniques when indicated.
- Assist and instructs patient for the collection of urine and feces.
- Order tests according to physician's written order.
- Maintain files according to policy and procedure.
- Assist with logging and filing the histology and cytology reports.
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of specimen collection materials and forms related to specimen collection.
- Pick up specimens from Allegan Prof. Building according to daily schedule.
- Provide courier service to physicians and extended care facility when asked.
- Assist in specimen processing including spin down and ordering reference testing when needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to collect blood specimens from all ages using techniques appropriate to the age and condition of the patient
- Ability to respond to potentially stressful situations in a positive manner, with tact and sensitivity
- Willingness to meet the needs of patients, physicians, guests and other customers with a positive and friendly attitude