The Clinical Research Nurse 1 will be the primary interface between the Principal Investigator and all aspects of study implementation. Main responsibilities will be: overseeing and implementation of the clinical research operation of the Testani laboratory, oversight and leadership of a team of study staff, maintenance of regulatory compliance and several ongoing heart failure studies in both hospitalized and ambulatory patients, and supervising and ensuring high fidelity collection and storage data and biospecimens.
- Identifies, assesses eligibility, enrolls, and collects accurate medical and demographic history on research subjects for a variety of studies; obtains and explains written consent for subject participation.
- Provides direct clinical services to subjects; observes subjects and notifies clinicians to any medical/emotional change.
- Contributes to protocol development, submission, and renewal by collecting written materials and writing procedural documents; ensures ongoing compliance with institutional review board (IRB) policies by monitoring changes in IRB policies related to human specimens and informing the research team of such changes.
- Conducts patient and research subject evaluations; administers medications and research instruments, and presents data.
- Reviews, codes and contributes in the entering of all collected patient data to assure completeness and accuracy.
- Ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining clinical and nursing records to meet the needs of various protocols.
- Maintains the integrity of the clinical research study by striving to advocate for patients.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Teamwork and leadership: Ability to work constructively toward a team goal and leads a group of diverse study staff.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to train staff on study protocols and determine the appropriate level of independence to provide to staff.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to monitor for, identify, think critically about and propose/implement solutions for inefficiencies and errors.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Protocol implementation.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proven ability with Phlebotomy and placement of peripheral IV lines.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut or Connecticut license eligible
Weekend/Evening Hours: Occasionally
May require prolonged standing, walking, use of sight, hearing and touch, moving/lifting patients of varying weights. Requires keyboard use and may require ability to sit in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- On call
- Clinical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)