Social Media / Marketing Coordinator
This position will partner with the ownership & management on local marketing, advertising and PR efforts for the Illinois locations. The Social Media/Marketing Coordinator will coordinate local marketing activity to increase brand awareness and affinity while adhering to brand standards. They will also assist in development, execution and analyses of annual local marketing plans designed to achieve sales, profits and business plan objectives. They must demonstrate skills in results-oriented marketing, excellent writing skills, creating and implementing event marketing.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing annual and promotional marketing plans
- Maintain a 12 month rolling social media planning calendar
- Analyze, track, and document promotion performance
- Maintain and manage websites, social media pages, email club, review sites, etc.
- Manage and monitor all social media content, campaigns and day to day activities which include developing unique and relevant content per platform and regular posts/tweets based on platform and page
- Research and connect with relevant social media outlets to further grow exposure of the restaurant i.e. bloggers, social influencers, etc.
- Be an advocate of social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Maintain third party content/reviews, photos and postings including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, Trip Advisor, Open Table, Yelp and acceptable Blogs.
- Create, analyze and issue specialized and customized reports from sales/revenue systems and other collective materials to potentially include the revenue dashboard, social media tracking reports and measures for monthly growth and influence.
- Participate in the preparation and coordination of during and after hour restaurant events and fundraisers which includes setting up, interacting with the guests/customers and ensuring that the events are successful
- Keep on top of key industry trends and best practices to ensure promotional initiatives are current and effective
- Implement promotions and programs based on local city trends in order to solicit group bookings and/or increase traffic to the restaurant
- Participate in local community events and join local organizations to promote brand awareness
- Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management
- Consult with the local marketing consultant to further enhance sales building initiatives
- Develop newsworthy pitches and conduct local media outreach to build awareness and secure local media coverage
- Performs other duties and special projects as required that affect The Melting Pot®
Self-starter with strong organization skills and work ethic (ability to work on your own). Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Able to perform and excel within an integrated, fast-paced team environment. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform all job responsibilities and accountabilities. The items listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations or related fields preferred
- 1 year of relatable experience preferred
- Previous project management/production management experience preferred
- Strong copy writing, editing and verbal skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Extensive social media knowledge working with sites including Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, Trip Advisor, Open Table and Yelp.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules