Job Summary: The Customer Service Associate works in support of the store management team to facilitate and perform a variety of tasks including customer service, food and beverage preparation, cash register duties, general housekeeping and other related functions. The Customer Service Associate delivers an exceptional customer experience that supports Wawa’s vision to fulfill lives every day.
1. Greet and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests and complaints in a timely and courteous manner. Utilize the GREAT customer service and customer recovery model to ensure customer engagement.
2. Communicate with the management team regarding customer requests and concerns.
3. Operate the cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and properly handle different methods of
payment. Maintain proper cash levels in register drawer and change machines. Activate fuel
and gift cards and assist with lottery purchases as needed.
4. Comply with federal and state laws by requesting personal identification from customers who are
purchasing restricted products such as tobacco and/or alcohol.
5. Stock and refill product within the interior and exterior core register area, cold express cases,
bakery and grocery aisles.
6. Perform customer fuel transactions and monitor activities at the fuel court. Stop fuel pumps if
7. Prepare all made to order food and/or beverages according to recipe or customer specifications.
8. Stock food and beverage areas with products and supplies to ensure in stock conditions at all
times. Ensure coffee thermals are filled and working properly.
9. Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice and beverage programs and procedures.
10. Complete cleanliness tasks to ensure all food and beverage service areas are free of any residue,
debris and spills.
11. Follow proper coding procedures. Check expiration codes, face and inspect all items. Pull
expired items, document and discard.
12. Adhere to the execution of established safety, security, quality and store operations policies,
procedures and practices as outlined in Wawa’s policy manual, training materials and other
13. Complete all store housekeeping functions (i.e., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying
14. Ensure safe working conditions by maintaining a clean, organized work area in accordance to
15. Complete other tasks as assigned by store management.
Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
1. Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
2. Good communication skills
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Ability to learn FSRA process and procedures and demonstrate on a daily basis
5. Ability to work overtime as needed
6. Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
7. Ability to learn and demonstrate all Wawa Safety and Quality Assurance processes and procedures
8. Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing,
walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
9. Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching
above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting,
crouching, kneeling and pushing
10. Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
11. Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures using appropriate
personal protective equipment.
12. Must be at least 16 years old
13. Must have reliable transportation
14. Must wear slip resistant shoes at all times
15. Must be able to tolerate exposure to cleaning products
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $14.00 /hour
Communication method(s) used:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: