Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Are you curious and motivated? Do you have excellent judgment and an eye for detail? Do you want to be part of a formidable team helping our businesses to select the third parties who help us grow and execute our business strategy in an ethical way? Eastman engages with third parties to execute our growth initiative but must also only conducts business with third parties who share our commitment to compliance with legal requirements and high ethical standards. The Third-Party Vetting team, within the Global Trade & Compliance team, is responsible for vetting Eastman’s third party business partners. We use a risk-based approach in the third-party compliance vetting process. This role will be a key contributor to the implementation of new systems, functionality, and processes including to pioneer the adoption of artificial intelligence for specific tasks to enhance and enable innovation, business insights, regulatory compliance, sustainability, and customer experiences.
- Develop an understanding of third party risk management practices in a global environment and keep abreast of developments and best practices in addressing risks.
- Learn the general legal requirements and significance of global anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC) laws, including US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act, and other anti-corruption laws.
- Manage ABAC training program for third-party intermediaries.
- Effectively manage compliance systems/tools and monitor third parties on a continuous basis escalating results as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to and follow-up with stakeholders on all third-party requests.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Third Party Vetting team, Office of Global Business Conduct, and other internal teams (Corporate Audit Services, Procurement, Master Data, Businesses/Sales, etc.) in multiple time zones to effectively execute and continuously improve the compliance vetting process.
- Analyze and interpret risk assessment information with a view to approve/reject or escalate the third party for further due diligence.
- Pull and analyze data relevant to Eastman’s third party compliance vetting and continuous monitoring program.
- Working with staff, identify, communicate and resolve compliance issues.
- Work with the team to develop cross-functional relationships, and new data technology interfaces for vetting of third parties.
- Provide recommendations for tasks to improve workflow and operating efficiency by introducing new technology or improving existing technology.
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge of emerging systems and tools relevant to the scope of responsibility.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, accounting or other business field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in operations, audit, compliance, finance, legal, supply chain, or other related function.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Intellectually curious about advances in technology and its application
- Comfortable working in highly-collaborative, consensus-oriented environment
- Ability to function effectively in a high tempo environment with an ability to appropriately set and communicate priorities among multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability and desire to improve outcomes and efficiency utilizing technology.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, function independently, and observe the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality in the handling of information.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with internal and external contacts, including the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management and team members.
- Experience pulling data and/or utilizing Salesforce, BI Reports, Power BI and related systems highly desirable.
- A willingness to expand capabilities and obtain accreditations.
TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation
Accreditation issues by Society of Compliance and Ethics
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.