The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
Technical stack includes: Java, Springboot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Apache Kafka, Cassandra/No-SQL, Hazelcast, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Grafana, React JS/any other UI frameworks and GCP/any Cloud platform.
- Translates complex cross-functional business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; evaluates project deliverables to ensure they meet specifications and architectural standards
- Participates and coaches others in all software development end-to-end product lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of complex company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Solves complex architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior level engineers; may provide feedback and direction on specific engineering tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in software development or a related field
- 4 years of experience in database technologies
- 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- In most cases, Lowe’s will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Tech Hub
- 5 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
- 5 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
- 5 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
- 3 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- 3 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
- 5 years of experience working with source code control systems
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools
- 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
- In most cases Lowe’s will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Tech Hub
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,844.00 - $160,562.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19