Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is currently seeking an Inpatient Staff Psychiatrist for the Montford Unit in Lubbock, TX.
TTUHSC Managed Care has a partnership with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to provide all medical healthcare, behavioral healthcare, dental, vision, and pharmacy services to incarcerated offenders in the Northern and Western Regions of the State of Texas. All of our benefits eligible positions offer excellent benefits and outstanding retirement options which includes a pension plan!
The John Montford Unit, located in Lubbock, TX is the regional medical center and psychiatric hospital for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ). This unit specializes in housing offenders who require mental health and medical treatment. This unit has the capacity to house 1,047 male offenders. The facility has the capability to house 550 offenders in psychiatric care, 400 offenders in the Trusty Camp, 30 holding beds, 50 Ward beds, 44 Long-Term Care beds, and 4 Specialty Care beds.
The Montford Psychiatric Hospital consists of 10 pods, including: Crisis Management, Diagnostic and Evaluation, Aute Care/ Rapid Stabilization, Partial Remission, Chronic Care, Mood Disorder, Neurocognitive Disorder and Impulsive, Self-Injurious Behavior.
Delivers psychological services in a prison unit. Work involves providing care to Psychiatric patients including assessment of patients psychological needs, formation of treatment plans and conducting therapy with groups or individuals. Is jointly responsible with the psychiatrist for providing medical management and supervision, and for planning and directing all psychiatric clinic services on that unit. Provides clinical supervision to all levels of Mental Health Clinicians and other psychiatric services staff.
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% off premium for dependents.
- Optional Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
- And much more.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY to be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place