Prevention and Intervention Program Manager
Girl Power, a leader in providing safe spaces and trauma focused evidenced-based programs and services for at-promise girls is seeking a full-time Prevention and Intervention Program Manager to successfully implement the goals, objectives and deliverables under OJJDP’s Preventing Sex
Trafficking of Girls grant award for the Girls Intervention Program- Plus (GIPP). The Goal of the
GIPP is to prevent/reduce victimization of girls who are vulnerable to sex trafficking.
Reporting directly to the Director of Programs, the primary role of the Prevention and Intervention
Program Manager is to plan, develop and direct service coordination for girls enrolled in the GIPP in accordance with all OJJDP and agency’s guideline and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Hire, supervise and provide leadership and support to a team of five or more staff, contractors and/or partners to ensure successful service coordination of the GIPP is performed in accordance with all OJJDP guidelines.
2. Responsible for evaluating staff development and work performance, ensure procedures and practices are implemented consistently and fairly and establish formalized training as needed or required in accordance with all applicable regulations and directives.
3. Work with GIPP referral partners including but not limited to Juvenile Services Division,
Juvenile Parole Officers, Miami Dade County Public School’s Educational Alternative
Outreach Program and social service agencies to ensure successful referral is in place and the required number of participants are enrolled and successfully completes program requirements.
4. Represent Girl Power with other local, regional and national groups, committees and organizations relating to trafficking of girls, prevention of abuse and other intervention and prevention services.
5. Plan and participate in quarterly Girls Intervention Program’s Advisory Council meetings and work in conjunction with its members to review the program’s progress and plan for the quarter ahead.
6. Responsible for the overall success of program goals, objectives and deliverables, prioritizing workloads, assigning tasks, resources and monitoring outcomes in the provision of services and in the implementation of OJJDP’s polices and guidelines.
7. Develop and maintain management systems to ensure staff accountability with local, state and federal regulations. Runs reports and perform data analysis to measure and evaluate individual and program performance outcomes.
8. Participate in the annual peer-to-peer cluster meeting hosted by OJJDP’s funded training and technical assistance provider for the Preventing Trafficking of Girls solicitation.
9. Conduct an annual performance review of all GIP service providers and partners.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Bachelor’s Degree: behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Combination of at least 4 years’ experience and education that provides knowledge of child sex trafficking, any form of abuse, family trauma or problematic sexual behavior.
Four years of appropriate experience that demonstrates acquired knowledge of child sex trafficking, child sexual abuse, physical abuse/family trauma and/or problematic sexual behavior.
Page 1* of 2*
1. At least four (4) years of relevant work experience in non-profit prevention and/or intervention or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience demonstrating management of multiple employees.
3. Management of multiple program sites preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience implementing Evidenced Based Federal, State or Local programs and services.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Able to pass Level 2 background screening.
2. Hold a valid driver’s license, adequate vehicle insurance and reliable transportation.
3. Negative COVID-19 Test taken within 14 days of employment start date.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Monday- Friday 9:00am to 6:30pm
Some evenings and weekends are required
The starting salary for this position is $50,000
Page 2* of 2*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Non-Profit prevention: 4 years (Preferred)
- management of multiple employees: 2 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Temporarily due to COVID-19