Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to those transitioning from or at risk of homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. Additionally, we implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veteran services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices statewide with a staff of passionate people. While we are growing rapidly, we are also selective: We’re seeking inspired, talented people who want to be effecting profound change and who have fun doing it.
The Supportive Housing Management department manages Brilliant Corners’ portfolio of owned real estate which provides housing and services to various vulnerable populations.
The Regional Property Manager is responsible for management and maintenance of a diverse and growing supportive housing portfolio in the Los Angeles, Central Valley, and San Diego areas. The position includes management of approximately 70 licensed residential care homes leased to service providers for the benefit of persons with developmental disabilities. The Regional Property Manager leads a team of 5 Property Managers, 1 Assistant Property Manager, a Regional Facilities Manager, a team of roving Maintenance Technicians, and a department Program Coordinator. This position requires working closely with Brilliant Corners’ Supportive Housing Development department, the Housing Services team, and the Northern California property management team.
The Regional Property Manager provides leadership and decision-making to ensure excellent customer service, maintenance of good quality homelike housing, and a productive and cohesive property management team. The Regional Property Manager balances financial performance and asset management against fidelity to our mission of service to residents and service providers.
Financial Reporting and Control
- Ensure successful day-to-day financial management of the properties/portfolios
- Develop and monitor annual property/portfolio budgets
- Review and revise monthly budgeted-to-actual profit and loss statements, balance sheets, reserve and security deposit reports, and other financial reports, investigate and correct significant variances, miscodings, etc.
- Implement rent collection procedures to minimize rent receivables
- Approve check requests for payment and review all high cost capital expenditures, service contracts, and contracted repairs
- Assist in the preparation of records for year-end audits
- Ensure proactive compliance with California Department of Development Services Housing Guidelines, California Community Care Licensing physical plant requirements, local Regional Center contracts, State Fire Marshall and local fire official regulations, and lender requirements applicable to the licensed residential care home portfolio
- Ensure proactive compliance with HUD, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee, California Housing and Community Development, and local Public Housing Authority and community development agency regulatory and loan agreement requirements for multifamily supportive housing properties
- Ensure proactive compliance with all fair housing laws, and stay abreast of and comply with all state tenant/landlord laws and permanent supportive housing best practices
- Ensure effective emergency policies and procedures, including on-call staffing for 24/7 response
- Ensure adherence to the preventative maintenance program
- Manage an effective work order program and enforce quality control measures
- Promote a person-centered property management culture for the licensed residential care and permanent supportive housing portfolios
- Ensure that staff positions are filled with qualified, competent individuals
- Ensure that staff are adequately trained to perform their duties
- Foster a culture of collaboration with other Brilliant Corners’ Departments, service providers, case managers and other agency partners
- A ‘can do’ attitude that values and fosters both teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit
- Someone who possesses a high emotional IQ and utilizes it to motivate and develop staff to their full potential
- Willingness to travel in southern California 1-2 days per week
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years of property management experience
- Certified Property Manager or similar certification preferred
- Experience in the management of affordable (HUD or tax credit) or supportive housing (scattered site or shared living care homes)
- Supervisory experience and ability to motivate, mentor and train staff members
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Experience in compliance functions, budgeting and customer service
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to respond to urgent issues, and to think clearly under pressure
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Attention to detail: impeccable record keeping
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of Yardi Genesis2 software desired
- A clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave and vacation pay
Director of Supportive Housing Management
Throughout Southern California, one to two days per week. Must have access to a reliable vehicle
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.