Provides care to residents in accordance with physician orders, recognized standards of practice and established company policies and procedures.
1. Implements and coordinates the delivery of care in collaboration with physician and resource health care personnel. Ensures resident rights are maintained at all times.
2. Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) in applying nursing knowledge.
3. Documents all pertinent information regarding nursing care, care plans, observation of the residents’ overall condition and behavior, Medicare charting, admission, discharge, and patient teaching.
4. Maintains a working knowledge of company policies and procedures and Clinical Systems. Adheres to company systems, processes, and procedures.
5. Provides functional direction and assistance to Charge Nurses and CNAs. Completes new staff orientation as assigned.
6. Directs resident care to include making rounds on a timely basis to ensure continuity of care. Ensures proper utilization of community supplies and equipment. Answers call lights as needed. Sets up and administers prescribed medications and treatments including IV therapy; operates a variety of medical equipment as necessary.
7. Completes monthly/quarterly assessments and documentation as assigned. Attends care plan meetings as assigned. Acts as resident advocate.
8. Communicates effectively with the residents, families, visitors, members of the health care team, and other disciplines.
9. Participates in screening potential admission and placement of prospective residents in the community in order to ensure competent nursing services.
10. Actively participates in community’s Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Program. Monitors and assesses clinical systems for concerns and trends and reports findings to Nursing Administration.
11. Must have working knowledge of community’s emergency procedures, including fire and disaster drills, OSHA regulations, and infection control standards.
12. Attends training to stay abreast of current and emerging nursing/healthcare trends.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate from Accredited Nursing School and a minimum of one to two years related experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Current State RN License. Basic CPR/first aid training. Fire safety training.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.55 to $42.00 /hour