Nuvance Health is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our team!
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain with emphasis on upper extremity function, maximal independence in activities of daily living, and cognitive perceptual motor function. Assumes responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any) and caregiver. Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the health plan of care and other health care practitioners as appropriate related to the current home health plan of care.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), caregiver(s) an physician(s).
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners as appropriate
- Provides direct occupational therapy services in accordance with the plan of care established by the physician.
- Maintains records on visits to clients; including evaluation, plans for care, client's response to therapy. Provides discharge planning when applicable, and clinical notes.
- Participates in case management conferences with the nurse and other team members to coordinate the occupational therapy program with total plan of care.
- Provides education and counseling to the patient and family members regarding occupational therapy treatment regimen.
- Identifies patient and family needs for other home health services and makes client referrals for same, when needed.
- Participates in the agency quality assurance and performance improvement program and the agency-sponsored in-service training.
- Supervises care provided by the COTA(s) and home health aides as appropriate..
- Re-evaluates the client's progress and treatment regime, making changes as indicated, and under the physician's recommendations.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.including in-service training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- 1+ year of occupational therapy experience
- Experience in a qualified home health agency preferred
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Extremely heavy effort. May exert > 125 lbs. of force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- qualified home health agency : 1 year (Preferred)
- Occupational Therapy: 1 year (Required)
- Occupational Therapist (Required)
- Danbury, CT: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)