At Old Vineyard Behavioral Health Services, we are helping to create brighter, healthier futures for our patients and their families. We are the Piedmont Triad's only private psychiatric hospital meeting the chemical dependency illnesses and behavioral healthcare needs of those in our community. Our 162-bed inpatient services for adolescents through senior adulthood offers comprehensive and individual assessments, psychiatric evaluation and medication stabilization, daily group therapy and personalized aftercare planning. We also offer a Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program to ensure the continuum of care for our patients. Old Vineyard is accredited by The Joint Commission and certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
We are passionate about our work and are looking for individuals who share in this passion. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our talented and caring team. Our ideal candidate will possess strong multitasking skills, the ability to provide compassionate and competent care to a diverse patient population, must be able to build and maintain positive professional relationships with all hospital staff and patients, as well as demonstrate professional, effective communication skills.
This position works every Saturday & Sunday from 7pm till 7am. There is the potential to make this position full-time by adding a regular 8-hour shift during the week for 32-hours per week.
Old Vineyard offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Matching Contribution
- Other Voluntary Supplemental Benefits (Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Employee Discount Program, Employee Assistance Program, Auto/Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, etc.)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave
- Demonstrates leadership in organizing the delivery of patient care in an acute psychiatric setting for patients experiencing a wide range of psychiatric conditions.
- Executes nursing procedures according to policy, utilizing the nursing process.
- Interacts with and assists in teaching/educating patients.
- Functions as a therapeutic member in planning and working with patient groups.
- Serves as a clinical resource person for staff members in their daily activities.
- Documents pertinent information accurately, timely and legibly.
- Functions as a medication nurse.
- Attends mandatory in-services and/or completes required web-based training.
- Demonstrates respect and tolerance for all patients without regard to age, gender, race, national origin, disability status, religion and/or lifestyle choice (s).
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and ongoing education.
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude.
- Serves actively and constructively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team, supporting the hospital philosophy of nursing care; to ensure the safety and well-being of every patient.
- Graduate of accredited school of registered nursing
- One year inpatient psychiatric experience with adults and/or adolescents preferred
- Current North Carolina State Registered Nurse License
- American Heart Association CPR & First Aid certification preferred
- Knowledge of appropriate nursing assessment, diagnoses, and interventions with patients
- Knowledge of milieu management
- Ability to accurately administer medications and treatments
- Ability to monitor and record response and side-effects to medications and treatments
- Ability to safely implement Special Treatment Procedures
- Ability to assist with education patients and families in medication and care management
- Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with patients and families
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Registered Nurse: 3 years
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- BLS, ACLS