English-El Enterprises is a Florida-based, 8(a), and HUB Zone certified, small business. Founded in 2004 as a general management consulting business. The company specializes in administrative support, professional services, program management, contract management, and mental health well-being. Our experienced staff has significant experience delivering professional, technical, and construction projects.
We are in search of a reliable, self-confident, highly motivated, organized, and experienced candidate to perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties. The right Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of complex secretarial and administrative assistant duties to relieve the Vice President of a variety of administrative details; plan, coordinate and organize the day-to-day office activities and coordinate communications, correspondence, and meetings for various staff members requesting support. The right candidate will possess the ability to exercise an innovative (yet practical) approach to a variety of assignments with the ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Job Duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Have a good understanding of office administration processes and practices
- Perform general office administrative work such as: front desk coverage, answer phones and direct to appropriate personnel, greet and check in-out visitors, field calls and emails, file, coordinate meeting logistics, conference room and a/v needs as required, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning, processing and distributing mail, messenger packages and express mail packages
- Monitor generic email inboxes; forward emails as necessary
- Proof read and edit correspondence, documents, and other materials
- Draft/compose correspondence, reports, letters, memoranda, meeting agendas, presentations, and other document; assess documents for accuracy, completeness, and quality.
- Where required, provide telephone coverage, assist callers and convey detailed messages
- Manage calendar, schedules meeting, resolves scheduling conflicts, organizes department social functions, and arranges travel for the department to optimize work performance and process travel expense paperwork as required
- Create and provide peer review of documents to ensure all documents produced adhere to established standards and to ensure quality control of final product
- Prepare, compile, and maintain department information, records, logs, and rosters by adhering to or developing filing systems and procedures, and updates; purges files, as required
- Manage action items and track follow-up; provide action status updates as required
- Attend meetings and record meeting minutes; log and track actionable items and status, distribute as necessary
- Maintain adequate stock of office supplies
Minimum of a High School degree required with two (2) years of administrative experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Familiarity with computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and a willingness to learn new applications and databases
- Ability to compose and proofread correspondence and other documents and edit as needed for accuracy
- Ability to work in a team environment and simultaneously handle multiple assignments and projects with speed and accuracy required.
- Excellent office organization and filing skills required
- Ability to accept direction and additional responsibilities from manager and/or staff supervisor as necessary
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under time constraints
- Experience with Concur travel system strongly desired
- Punctuality and the ability to work additional hours, if necessary, to meet client requirements
- Energetic, self-motivated and quick to learn with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Active Public Trust clearance preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31.98 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years
- Concur Travel System: 1 year