- High School Diploma or GED
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Local DFW Gynecologic Pathology Lab looking for a full-time Clinical Laboratory Accessioner and from the hours of 1: 30p.m. to 10:00p.m Monday through Friday. Candidate must be honest, reliable, and prideful of their work, as well as being a team player. The ideal candidate would possess the traits before mentioned, as well as having excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Duties of a Clinical Lab Accessioner:
- Receiving, sorting and handling of clinical specimens
- Ensuring all patient specimens received match the corresponding requisitions and are in compliance with all CAP and CLIA receiving guidelines
- Documentation of any discrepancies during the receiving process, i.e. different patient names, incorrect requisition
- Ensuring proper storage and testing of all specimens
- Data Entry – entering pertinent patient information and procedure names into the LIS system accurately to ensure proper patient diagnosis as well as printing out additional labels when necessary
- Processing of clinical specimens while maintaining compliance with all CLIA and CAP guidelines.
- Proper preparation of clinical specimens for shipping.
- Must be experienced and excel in a professional healthcare environment
- High school diploma a must, 2 years college course work completed a plus
- Ability to type 60 words or more per minute
- Full medical/dental insurance
- PTO program
- Competitive salary/bonuses
Job Type: Full-time