Independence, OH, USA Req #233
The Escrow Officer is responsible for walking the borrower through the final phase of the mortgage process. The Escrow Officer must work closely with closing company/attorney to ensure a seamless process for the borrower and timely delivery of final closing figures. Expectations include closing a pipeline of at least 250 loans per calendar year.
Prepare Closing Packages
- Audit loan files, review title commitments and documents to ensure highest level of customer service
- Make independent decisions based on knowledge and interpretations of relocation policies and/or mortgage industry specific guidelines
- Analyze and resolve issues involving loan amount changes, rate or closing date changes
- Close loans which are readily available for purchase in the Secondary Market
Communicate with Borrowers, Closing Companies & Interested Parties
- Interface with team including Borrower, Mortgage Consultant and Processor as well as Closing Companies and/or Attorneys
- Communicate closing process to borrowers and provide critical information to enable them to understand the process
- Perform all aspects of the job including but not limited to Escrow Holdbacks, Trust and Power of Attorney closings
- Knowledge of processes and practices to review Closing Disclosures, order wires for closing and final file preparation for funding approval.
- Complete all positional skills sets presented in the Training Program
- Qualifications *
- Mortgage Banking or related field with loan operations experience preferred
- Have a basic knowledge of the mortgage process
- High School diploma required
SIRVA is a leading partner for corporations to outsource their mobility needs, relocating and moving their executives and staff globally. SIRVA offers an extensive portfolio of mobility services across approximately 170 countries providing an end-to-end solution to deliver an enhanced mobility experience and program control and security for customers. SIRVA has a portfolio of well-known and recognizable brands including Allied Van Lines, northAmerican Van Lines, SMARTBOX, and Allied Pickfords. For more information please visit www.sirva.com.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
SIRVA is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SIRVA also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also SIRVA's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. The Federal EEO Law Poster may be found at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability of any part of the employment process, please send an email to Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mortgage Servicing or Loan Operations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift