Position Summary/Reason Position Exists
The Maintenance Technician performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures at both the Reserve at 4th and Race and Newberry Lofts on 6th. Under the direction of the Maintenance Director, Technician identifies and completes all necessary building, offices, grounds and apartment maintenance. Works with the Maintenance Director to establish a safe and well-maintained environment to live and work.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains facility’s mission, established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Complies with all federal and state laws.
- Role models excellence in customer service. Creates a positive image and attitude for the entire community.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and completes daily tasks as assigned.
- Possesses a good knowledge of the building and the vital systems within the building.
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the properties.
- Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property to his/her supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Responsible for cleaning work areas, tools, and equipment.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Be aware and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis as needed.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Director to implement a Preventative Maintenance program in order to keep the building and its key systems maintained and in good operating condition.
- Works closely with tenants, other staff and building tenants in coordinating work orders and completing them within 24 hours or sooner for emergency requests. Accurately records actions on work order forms.
- Responsible for securing the maintenance shop at the close of every work day.
- Completes daily, weekly, monthly, annual tasks as assigned to include but not limited to:
- Thorough walk-through of building and grounds
- Monitoring and cleaning front entrance, lobby areas, upper floors, amenity floors, etc.
- Daily tasks as dictated by maintenance checklists
- Changes filters as needed
- Checks and replaces light bulbs and emergency lighting as necessary
- Performs any outside maintenance/repairs
- Performs any inside maintenance/repairs: faucets, toilets, drains, plaster, painting
- Assists tenants with the move-in process as directed.
- Assists management and tenants during the move-out process, ensuring timely turn-over of apartments.
- Removes garbage from premises.
- Works within a monthly budget. Arrange for all necessary supplies and record. Pick up as necessary.
- Communicate any significant problems to the Maintenance Director and/or Community Manager for follow-up.
- Keep entryways and sidewalks free of snow and ice. Salt as necessary.
- Is available via walkie-talkie while on duty; cell phone while off-duty.
- Is available to respond to emergency maintenance issues in the evening, weekends and/or holidays should the need arise.
- Always works with all other staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Practices good body mechanics at all times.
- All other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Is friendly, positive and professional; maintains excellent rapport with tenants, guests, and co-workers.
- Is able to work under stressful situations; remaining calm, demonstrating sound judgment in decision making, and exhibits self-control in emergency and difficult situations.
- Is self-motivated and capable of working with little supervision.
- Has strong organizational skills and is detail-oriented.
- Uses tact and diplomacy in resolving a conflict.
- Practices good morals and ethics.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Prolonged standing, walking, speaking, listening, reaching, climbing, balancing, using hands, possibly some keyboarding and pushing heavy objects.
- Heavy lifting and moving of furniture, equipment and/or supplies primarily without assistance.
- Prolonged reaching of heights of approximately 6-7' and depth of 2-5', stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling or squatting.
- Must be able to work irregular hours when necessary.
- Must be able to work under pressure and stressful situations.
- Must have a high level of flexibility/mobility to work in space provided.
- May be exposed to prolonged heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Must have good vision or correctable with lenses.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and, on rare occasions, move more than 100 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour