Busy Medical Practice has an immediate opening for an Experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist/ Billing Associate.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be expected to effectively be responsible for all aspects of a full claim cycle. Responsibilities will include billing, payment posting, insurance and patient payments, payer follow up, and accounts receivable management. This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of billing and accounts receivable in a healthcare setting.
Skills and Abilities
· Minimum 3 year experience in a medical billing atmosphere.
· Expertise in medical billing and accounts receivable follow up.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail with accuracy and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Highly organized, quick learner and ability to work independently with strong work ethic.
· Understanding and proficiency in CPT, HCPCS, Modifiers and ICD-10 Coding Guidelines.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when handling difficult clients/stressful situations.
· Proficient in computer and software programs. (Familiar with Dr. Chrono is a Plus.)
· Excellent customer service skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all A/R duties including but not limited to:
· Assume responsibility for follow up on all outstanding accounts receivable.
· Regularly speak with insurance companies regarding billing, follow up and claim resolution.
· Contact insurance carriers, patients and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve profitability.
· Research and resolve accounts appearing in denied or underpaid status.
· Responsible to maintain accurate and up to date system notes referencing A/R and outstanding claims.
· Run daily/ weekly/ monthly reports as directed by management.
· Ensure A/R is collected in timely manner.
· Assist with special projects, audits and reconciliation as necessary.
· Gathering necessary additional information requested by the carrier and forwarding for claim reimbursement.
· Handle correspondence related to insurance and/or patient accounts.
· Answer Phones.
· Assist patient in understanding account, carrier payments and patient responsibility.
·Perform other duties as directed.
If you think you are the right fit, come join our growing team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year