Space is not a place to go – space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts. We get things done.
If you are looking to develop your technical skills and contribute to a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team while adapting to ever-changing customer requirements, then this position might be just for you.
The job duties of this Senior Systems Engineer role include:
- Systems engineering role within the Military Support Programs, Mission Engineering & Operations teams
- Executes responsibility for Bus Subsystem as the subject matter expert for operations to include product development and maintenance and 24/7 anomaly support
- Applies systems engineering and systems integration practices to develop nominal and anomaly operational concepts
- Defines requirements
- Produces a detailed design and validates the design against a proposed architecture
- Develops software and tools; conducts software testing for existing and future systems
- Proficiency in MATLAB, TOPL and Command & Control
- Partners with customers, developers, and operations
- Defines required changes to system requirements, assesses impact of changes, and develops viable systems solutions
- Engages in periodic travel
- Off shift work support required as demands
** This position requires a government security clearance and only candidates with US Citizenship will be considered. **
- Previous experience with a customer base on a program for Bus Subsystems, software development, and anomaly resolution
- Previous experience with Orbital Analysis and/or Ephemeris generation
- Ability to handle multiple system issues in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, MS Office Suite, SharePoint
- Current or past experience in the design, operations and maintenance of Satellites and associated Ground command and control systems, including Echelon divisions
- Must possess the ability to work with minimal direction; be self motivated; able to lead groups/projects spanning multiple functional groups, companies and/or contracts
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to constantly changing requirements and situations
- Demonstrates experience in assessing risk, properly prioritizing, statusing, and accomplishing multiple tasks
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Bus Subsystems on Military Support Programs (MSP) or Spacecraft Program
- Possesses strong systems engineering/electrical engineering, or similar background working with a technical team
- Demonstrates experience in software and systems engineering/integration utilizing Unix and/or Windows operating environments
- Must have a demonstrated ability to cultivate and develop effective customer relationships and work with senior technical management
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.