Business Process Analyst II - any Guardian location (Appleton, WI, Bethlehem PA, Pittsfield MA, Spokane WA, Holmdel NJ, Enfield CT, Tempe AZ) with WFH/Remote capability!
The Business Process Analyst II (BPA) is responsible for maintaining an in-depth understanding of the end to end Customer Eligibility & Payment Services (CEPS) key processes and leveraging this knowledge to optimize and drive process and system improvements that align with the vision and strategies of CEPS and the Group and Worksite Markets Profit Center. This position directly supports the administration, implementation and servicing of EDI (electronic data interchange) between plan holders, Benefits Admininstration Technology partners and Guardian.
- Support the business through identifying and driving process and system improvements that align with department strategies.
- Participate in process and/or system improvement projects through research, and assisting with the development and writing of detailed business requirements.
- Conduct research and analysis for process and/or system projects, obtaining input from the frontline business users, leadership and business partners necessary to recommend solutions.
- Support the entire lifecycle of the process and/or system improvement project through the execution of user acceptance testing, along with ensuring the Information Management System (IMS) and conducting training on the process.
- Compile and analyze process metrics for CEPS leadership.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to support and maintain product and process changes for EDI which may include both onshore and offshore operations.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the end to end CEPS processes and EDI implementation, technical set up and servicing.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all the group products, plan designs, contractual guidelines and system functionality as they relate to CEPS processes which may include both onshore and offshore operations.
- Create and maintain end to end process documentation
- Identify, assist and/or author in implementing and maintaining Job Aids, IMS to support CEPS operations which may include both onshore and offshore operations. Discovers deficits in the processes and provides recommended solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to process CEPS work with a high level of quality and efficiency. Process work during the 1/1 business cycle and other peak volume periods.
- Lead and facilitate discussions with key stakeholders (e.g., Benefits Administration Technology Partners) and internal business partner in discussions to enhance the customer experience.
- Support and develop teamwork, positive relationships and personal growth that align with the business needs and strategies.
- Develop and enhance business knowledge and skills that align with the changing business needs.
- Communicate effectively with non-project personnel by simplifying detailed project and process information.
- Pursue learning and self-development through attending relevant training courses, job shadowing, and establishing personal networks.
- Provide mentoring to Business Process Analysts I’s in an identified functional area.
- This position reports to the Customer Eligibility and Payment Services (CEPS) Team Leader who reports to the Director of Customer Eligibility and Payment Services(CEPS).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent customer facing skills and a demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Agility in handling multiple tasks, responding rapidly to changing priorities, and working within tight deadlines.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Sense of urgency for continuous improvement.
- Detailed knowledge of all of CEPS processes
- Working knowledge of all of CEPS systems and how they interface with other group systems.
- Understanding of Group Profit Center operations and Sales organization in relation to the CEPS processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/work experience preferred.
- Understanding of Agile and six sigma methodologies and/or project management desired.
- Knowledge of EDI, Web or Mobile Self-Service Financial Transactions, Secure File Transfer Protocol and/or E-commerce APIs.
- Minimum of 3 years as a CEPS Processor or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with end users and leadership to gather and assess business needs.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Intermediate skills in data analytics, data reporting and process mapping software, e.g. Visio.
- Travel may be required, approximately 10%.
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), currently ranked #218 on the Fortune 500, is one of the largest mutual life insurers. As of December 31, 2017, Guardian reports $1.6 billion in operating income, $8 billion in capital, and $71.5 billion in assets under management.
Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in its major businesses: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, dental and vision insurance and employee benefits.
As a mutual company founded over 157 years ago, Guardian is owned by its policyholders. The company has paid dividends to policyholders every year since 1868 and the Company’s 8,800 employees and 2,750 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families, and small businesses achieve financial security and protection.
Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.”
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Primary Location United States-Wisconsin-Appleton
Job Group Insurance
Shift Day Job
Job Type Standard
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting May 8, 2018, 6:11:18 AM