More Information about this Job
Responsible for supporting fast paced law department for national emergency and non-emergency medical transportation company that operates nationwide. Primary focus will be to support and assist sales team in preparation of RFPs, proposals and contracts and serve as the law department’s interface with the sales team. This position is perfect for those who thrive on managing multiple tasks while leading various initiatives. Must be able to think beyond the immediate scope of the job and understand the larger business needs of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assistance to the legal department, company executives, departments and operations across all business units. Primary focus will be to assist sales team with proposals, RFPs, drafting contracts, tracking contracts and maintaining contracts.
- Use strong organizational skills, be extremely detail-oriented and work well under tight time constraints.
- Exercise proper judgment when matters should be escalated to internal counsel.
- Oversee contracts database and administration of repository of executed contracts, which will include but is not limited to responsibility to review and approve contracts, identify issues and concerns, ensure adherence to company policies and operating requirements, manage workflows, obtain signatures and manage requirements for agreements within the contracts repository.
- Draft contracts, using standard forms and templates, and assist with maintenance of company approved templates.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Must be client and customer service focused.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on legal and company priorities.
- HS Diploma and/or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of paralegal experience or other related experience.
- Understanding of healthcare regulatory requirements including, Anti-Kickback Statute, FCA and other laws governing healthcare providers.
- Prior contract drafting preferred.
- Prior in-house legal experience preferred.
- Strong word processing/spreadsheet computer skills required.
- Microsoft Word, Adobe Professional, DocuSign, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with contract systems preferred.
- EMS, healthcare or managed care experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation and teamwork skills.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled